Now wait a minute!

BEXO—55 APEC-ro U-dong Haendae, Busan; Saturday Afternoon

Jimin felt a definite sense of déjà vu as Jungkook slowed down in front of the building. The feeling wasn't due to remembering it from before his accident; it was actually due to the recent side trip he and Taehyung had made in an attempt to rekindle some of Jimin's memories. 

After Jungkook had explained how many radical changes he had made to the old BEXO to turn it into a brand new building with a brand new name to match, Jimin realized how fruitless it had probably been to try and jog his memory. The building wouldn't have resonated anyway with all the remodelling Jungkook had done; Jimin would have only remembered it from before the changes were made.

Still, he was hopeful that with Jungkook by his side, and his ability to see the inside this time as well as the outside, perhaps this would be the day that his memory came rushing back in abundance. He knew somewhere deep in his heart that it probably would never happen that way, but he still held out hope that maybe he would be proven wrong somehow.

"You've been awfully quiet on the drive over here," Jungkook commented softly, interrupting Jimin's thoughts. He turned to look at the brunet as they sat in his car in front of the building; the look on his partner's face was both one of concern as well as curiosity. "What are you thinking about?," He asked him, his eyes gazing at him thoughtfully.

Jimin looked down in his lap. "I was just thinking about the other time I had been here last week with Taehyung," He admitted.

He didn't see the fleeting look of jealousy that appeared briefly on his partner's face at the sound of the doctor's name; even though Jimin was firmly back in his life, and they had made some headway in restoring their previous relationship, the thought of his partner sharing his life with another man still made Jungkook seethe with resentment. 

Just when Jimin needed him the most, he wasn't there–that other man was. That thought would haunt him for a long time, until his partner hopefully regained his memory of just what the two of them meant to each other.

"Jungkook?," He glanced over at Jimin at the sound of his name being called. He forced a slight smile of reassurance on his face as he told his partner, "Let's just go in, okay?," Jimin nodded as they mutually opened the car doors and got out. 

Jungkook searched in his pocket for the key to the entrance door; as he jiggled it in his left hand, he extended his right hand out to his partner; to his relief, Jimin reached out to grasp it easily and without any further urging. He felt reassured by the warmth of that hand held so tightly in his as they walked together up to the steps of the old BEXO.

Jungkook swung the door open widely to allow Jimin a comprehensive look at the newly-refurbished BEXO. The old dark floor had been completely redone in a futuristic, 'techno futuristic' look awash with chrome and black marble. For the second time in less than 24 hours, Jungkook felt a tinge of regret that he had not left the old building intact as it was; perhaps the building, above every place else, would have held the key to Jimin regaining his memory. After all, it was right outside this one that first night where his and Jimin's destinies had intertwined to be firmly joined forever. 

What was done was done, however, and it could not be changed now. Jungkook's main source of hope today, then, lay in Jimin's friends he had invited over this afternoon. He also recalled he owed an apology to Youngjae, something he was not particularly looking forward but still nevertheless felt was necessary.

He looked over now at Jimin, and his heart caught in his throat as he stared at his partner standing in the middle of the first floor as he studied all the nuances of the inside gallery. The picture of him standing there brought back so many happy memories of nights they had stood in almost that same exact spot, their bodies swaying as one to the electrifying pulse of the hard-beating music when there's a new set of his paintings on display party event; Jungkook's hands braced around Jimin's slender waist as his arms were casually draped over the shoulders. A sudden inspiration hit him.