Stay The Hell Out, Do You Hear?

Jung Family's Resto—Chong-do, Busan Same Evening

"Hi, Honey!," SooYoun shouted at her son, as he and Yoongi entered the eatery and took a place at the counter. "How's my favorite son and his hubby?," She exclaimed exuberantly, even more boisterously than normal. 

Ever since they had found out that Jimin is alive, all of life's ups and downs had suddenly seemed so much easier to handle and SooYoun was almost dancing on air.

"Hey, Mom," Hoseok answered, reaching over the counter to give his mom a quick kiss on the cheek as Yoongi smiled at her. "Can I get a hamburger with onion rings and a Sprite?,"

The woman nodded as she wrote the order down on her pad. "And for the Dali Lama of the intellectual world?," She cracked at Yoongi, smiling as she peered over at the other man.

He grinned at her nickname for him. "Oh. Let's go with the veggie burger tonight and a side salad with the light ranch dressing, SooYoun. Thanks." As she nodded and turned to leave, they could actually hear her humming some sort of nondescript tune to herself.

Hoseok watched her rush off in amusement. "She's on fucking cloud nine since she heard about Jimin being alive," He told his husband. Shaking his head, he added, "Shit– I still can't believe it, can you? I mean, what a roller coaster ride it's been the past two weeks! Jungkook's gone from being as far down a hole as you can to being on the biggest high he's ever been on. I mean, did you see him, Yoongi? He looked like a whole different person yesterday," He observed thoughtfully. 

"He looks more like the Jungkook I know– not the shell who's been walking around like a zombie for the past two weeks."

Yoongi nodded. "Yeah, I know. The difference is pretty astounding, isn't it? The man looks totally different. I mean, I think we all knew he loved Jimin in his own odd, Jeon Jungkook way," He said, smirking a little; "I know the bombing scared him shitless and woke him up to a lot of things, but until this happened, I don't think he, or anyone else for that matter, really realized just how much he did love him."

Hoseok pursed his lips together. "I'm trying hard not to be upset with Jimin about what's happened." He warily glanced over at his mate. 

"I know, I know," He quickly added, as he noticed Yoongi's look of surprised disapproval. "I know he can't help what happened, Yoongi, really I do. Jimin and I have had our differences, but we've actually become friends over the past few years. But still.. I just can't help feeling that he's about to break Jungkook's heart."

Yoongi looked at him in shock. "What the hell are you talking about, Hoseok? How could you think that? Weren't you the one who told me Jimin was on his way home permanently to be with Jungkook when the accident happened?,"

Hoseok fidgeted somewhat uncomfortably on the hard, rubber stool; he hated to feel this way– he really did like Jimin –but it was still an unfortunate truth. "Yes," He admitted grudgingly. 

"He was. But, Yoongi, that was before the accident; before he lost his memory, including his feelings for Jungkook." He let out a small huff of breath as his brown eyes peered intently over at his mate. 

"I'm just afraid they'll never be able to recapture what they had, and Jungkook's going to get hurt, that's all." For everything that he and Jungkook had gone through– their sometimes rocky relationship over the past few years especially– he was still, and always would be, his best friend, the one who always looked out for him; he couldn't help it.

Yoongi didn't have the opportunity to refute Hoseok's statement before SooYoun returned with their orders. Placing their china plates down in front of them, she noticed their rather solemn expressions.