The World is Just Too Heavy

**The Update! And thank you for those who Comment and Vote this 'boring' story :'' and I'm so thankful for my new beta-reader Jamkookie123 ! Thank you for helping me

Ulsan Airport — Saneom-ro 1103, Buk-gu, Ulsan, South Korea

Jungkook opened his eyes at the sound of the stewardess signaling their impending arrival at Ulsan Airport. He had not actually been sleeping. However, lately sleep was a very rare commodity to him. He had thought about popping a Valium that Hoseok had given him into his mouth once he had boarded the plane to try and force himself to sleep, but he had finally decided for the sake of his godson he would not.

He knew he was about to have the most difficult discussion he would probably ever have with Jiwoon, and he needed to be as alert as possible for it. He just wished he knew how he was going to get through it; hell, he was still trying to come to terms with Jimin's death himself, so he had no idea how he could possibly help Jiwoon cope with the loss either.

A few minutes later he was still agonizing over how to broach the subject as he ambled slowly up the ramp from the plane, at once looking forward to seeing Jiwoon but also dreading it. Taking a deep breath and blowing it out to calm himself, he walked into the bustling terminal area and headed toward the security exit.

"Daddy JK!," a young voice shrieked nearby in delight, as a lanky, slender, dark-haired bomb launched himself toward Jungkook. The brunet hurriedly placed his carryon bag down on the carpet and kneeled down just before the smaller body jumped into his arms and wrapped the man in a strong bear hug as he nuzzled his head into Jungkook's chest.

Jungkook's eyes abruptly filled with tears. He was so glad to see this little man, but so afraid of what he was going to have to tell him. "Hey, Woonie," he murmured lovingly against Jiwoon's head.

"I've missed you," he admitted tenderly, wrapping one arm around the slender body to embrace it while reaching with his other hand to tousle the dark hair. As he caressed the soft hair, he could not help remembering how many times he had done the same thing to Jimin's hair while they were making love. He had always loved to thread his hands through his partner's hair as an unspoken affirmation of his feelings. He knew that even before he could finally say the words out loud, Jimin had already figured out how he felt simply by the way he touched him.

Jungkook continued to hold Jiwoon for several seconds, almost afraid to let him go. It was suddenly so important to just hold him, to make sure he was there with him, and that he was real. He was filled with so much remorse over all the things he had not said and done with Jimin, and now it was too late. He never wanted the same thing to be said about him and this little man. He finally loosened his hold enough so he could lean back a little to stare into the eyes that were oddly enough so identical to his own.

"What is it, Daddy JK?" Jiwoon asked, frowning. "You look so sad," he stated with uncanny perception. "Aren't you glad to see me?"

Jungkook tried to smile as much as he could through his glistening eyes. "I'm always glad to see you, Jiwoon," he told the little boy soothingly.

"Then what is it?" the little boy repeated, his lips turning down into a pout so much like Jimin's. Jungkook pressed his lips together tightly for a brief moment to try and prevent his eyes from watering up even more. Jimin and Jiwoon had not been related by blood, but at times their similarities to each other were so damn striking.

Jungkook glanced up over Jiwoon's shoulders to see Namjoon and Seokjin standing nearby, both men on the verge of tears as well. Jungkook had already known this was going to be hard, but what little resolve he had was crumbling at the sight of Jiwoon's two legal parents who were trying desperately to hide their feelings as well but not being totally successful; their eyes were reflecting the same utter loss that Jungkook was feeling.