New Memory

**Yes this is Jikook's story, but c'mon you know me: I Love Drama!~

Dongsan Medical Center—Dongsan-do, Daegu 56 17:28 PM

Jimin slept fitfully on his hospital bed, his evening meal sitting untouched nearby. Since coming back from his CAT scan and MRI tests, he had found himself extremely tired. Having to lie utterly still for 45 minutes for each test was strangely exhausting. And since landing in the hospital earlier today, he hadn't really had much of an opportunity to actually sleep. Naturally, now that he finally had some much-needed time for it, his mind was racing so much he couldn't really sleep well.

Despite still having no idea who he was or where he had even come from, his mind kept replaying an image of a dark-haired, dark eyes same as midnight sky, handsome man over and over again. Somehow, he instinctively realized that he knew this man who was appearing so vividly in his dreams–intimately. Who he was, though, and WHERE he was remained a mystery. Just as they were about to kiss, he woke up, disappointed–sighing in frustration, he slowly opened his eyes to see that Dr. Kim had returned to his room.

"Sorry–didn't mean to startle you," The other man said softly, smiling. He was again sitting next to his patient's bed in the same chair as before.

Jimin shook his head. "You didn't," He assured him. "I was just having this weird dream and it woke me up, I guess."

The doctor looked at him with interest. "What sort of dream?," Perhaps he could glean some information about his patient's identity through what he had dreamt about.

"It looked like I was at someone's apartment, and there was this man..." He looked over at Dr. Kim somewhat embarrassed. What if the man was homophobic? Well, Jimin thought, that's HIS problem. "I think from what I dreamed about that he and I were in a relationship." Jimin noted that the doctor didn't seem to find this unusual or distasteful; he merely gazed at him intently as if waiting for him to continue.

"Oh?," was all Dr. Kim said. "How could you tell?," He forced his voice to sound impassive, but he found himself oddly upset that Jaemin apparently was involved with another man prior to his accident. Why should that bother him? It certainly shouldn't have surprised him–you'd have to be blind not to notice how attractive this man was.

Jimin averted his eyes as he awkwardly explained, "In my dream, we were sitting on a couch and we were about to kiss." He finally looked over shyly at the doctor. "That's when I woke up," He explained.

"But a good dream?," The doctor pressed, trying hard to sound nonchalant.

Jimin smiled a little, trying to capture the feeling his dream had engendered. "Yeah, I suppose." He frowned slightly, and clenched his fists unknowingly, though, as he added, "It's just so damn frustrating. Just when I think that maybe I might be having some kind of breakthrough with my memory, I wake up. I still don't know who I am or who the other man was, either."

The doctor looked at him sympathetically. "Give it some time, Jaemin. You were just brought in this morning, you know," He pointed out.

Jimin twisted his face, a pout appearing on his lips. "I have a feeling that patience wasn't a virtue of mine, even when I had my memory, because I want to know who I am NOW."

The doctor grinned. This man is adorable. "Actually, you're probably right, because research has told us that despite someone losing their memory, their core characteristics remain the same. So if you're impatient now, chances are good you were impatient then, too." His patient smiled back at him then, his light brown eyes peering at the doctor intently. Again, the resident found his insides inexplicably doing flip flops as the young man continued to listen intently to his comments.