~3~

Clare

'California Dreaming on such a winters daaaaayyy'

"Can you turn that off please" I scrunched up my nose as the cab driver looked in the mirror.

'I stopped into a church, I found along the way'

"What this" He turned it up, the son of a bitch turned the volume up!

''well I got down on my kneeees'

"yes please, I. I have a headache" Liar, liar pants on fire.

He turned the volume down, after frowning "That's some good song that one" He mused.

"Yea. Don't tell me I know"

Studio One:

"Take two, try drawing out the last  line. Give it a whirl. And go.." Terry turned around after he pressed record.

"What do you think so far"

"I wanted more harmony especially Michelle and Cass. It's getting there I suppose"

"Look I wish I could get in that head of yours and just grab the finished take but we can't. just let it evolve perhaps go for a drive along the coast and come back it might be right for your beautiful mind by then"

I stood up, frowned, then added a smile. Everyone in the booth didn't need my negative vibes, I waved a hand to Cass, Michelle and John and signalled with my thumb I'm off, they nodded and fell back into take two- Cal Dreaming seamlessly. It's hard to leave your baby even if it is with your sister and some good friends.

"Hey" Terry called after me, making me cone to an abrupt stop in the doorway, door already tugged on, half open "It's beautiful. You wrote a beautiful song nothing will stop it shining"

"Fifteen fifty" The cab driver through open the boot and dropped my guitar case on the ground overly hard, I crouched down and lifted the lid.

"If this is busted you'll be up for more than fifteen"

"Whatever lady" The green duffle bag landed at my feet beside me. "Fifteen fifty"

I stood up and gave him sixteen tapping a beat waiting til he got the message that I wanted my change, he wasn't getting a tip, no way.

The terminal was pretty empty and as I walked toward check-in I thanked myself for picking a red eye flight, babies were ok but not on a long-haul flight to Britain.

"Can I have this carry on?" I held up my guitar case stupidly, no way I could but try I must. Check-in chick nodded a stern no, crap.

"I would like an upgrade business class..." I watched her run fingers down the list "Please" manners, where are my manners. 

Oh yea, the cabbie kicked them to the curb.