~54~ Epilogue~

John

Two years, three kids and a baby have settled us into bedlam, upside down incredible, bedlam.

Clare is a yummy mummy and here I am again, a dad of a tiny newborn, two wonderful sons in Sean and Jules and an adopted daughter in Owen Vanessa, and I love it.

Clare has become adept at handling a readymade family, and now, with our new daughter, Bree, she excels at keeping all of us (well I'm the biggest kid) under control, fed and safe.

Still likes tomato sauce and scarves though, which I don't complain about. And makes me eat health shit but hey I want to be around to watch all the kids grow up and see Paul touring at 76..... he'll never stop that one.

Drifting between the States and England we lead a pretty nomadic and hectic life but with Clare I am home, grounded. Anywhere she is and my muse in her makes my creative juices flow.  I have an album under my belt, another on the way.

She won't let me put Written by Elliott/ Lennon, instead Lennon has his and Elliott has her's, in private it's ours but Clare being Clare wants to keep the Lennon name synonymous with McCartney's and no other.

I don't mind but would like the world to know we share everything. She is on the records though, her songs standing beside mine on the new one to come. Her vocals behind, holding mine up, on the last.

Only gets on stage if I drag her up with the kids. Then, she'll sing a few songs.

Loosening up a little she will do her and Cass's cover of 'I Call Your Name' making her forget propriety and turn sexy and wanton as she pushes the words around, making me love her even more. California Dreaming has her sobbing by the end .....

No, she much prefers bossing me about in the control room of the studio than being stared at on stage. That's ok, can't have too many ego maniacs in the one family.

Clare spent months working on the movie soundtrack she started in Scotland. Time spent with Jeff Lynne in the studio made me jealous but she ignored my moods and climbed on top time after time and made me remember; I started pretending I was grumpy after a while just so I wouldn't miss out on her loving. She caught on and made me do all the work after that; and work I did, built a bloody baby I did, well Clare helped too but I started it!

I'm back on with the lads thanks to my escapade to Scotland (thanks Linda- I admit it) and we meet up around the globe, maybe a holiday trip together once or twice a year. Tahiti arranged for all four of us and the beautiful families we all have, in a few weeks' time.

We jam and or, sit in on each other's recording sessions, the old rocking out with new songs created. George enjoying Paul and I not being so egotistical no doubt and showing his skill in word play and, as always, his guitar solos.
Richie, his laid-back self, contributing which is amazing, but I always knew he was lyrical it just took a zany octopus in a bloody garden to open his talents up truly.

Not much more to write here other than...

I'm happy.