Missing

Thank you for taking your time reading my first ever story! I'm also sorry for all the delayed updates!

This will be the last chapter before the Epilogue :)

**

Luna.

Looking back, I've never been satisfied with my life. Perhaps because the world has only provided me with limited, if not scarce, options. I grew up on the streets, stealing to survive.

But destiny had something better in store for me, something more than just the feeling of living. I took slow steps, just as I did when I first arrived in the place I now call home.

I watched as my feet walked through Taldor's once-dead land, one step at a time. Seeing how the grass slowly grew, with flowers waiting to bloom, I realized that there's more to life than being a blank canvas, empty and dull.

I came to a halt in front of the beautiful artwork I saw and crouched down to admire the uniqueness of the blooming flower.

"She's quite occupied blooming on her own that she hasn't noticed how wonderful she looks and how appealing she is to everyone's eyes."

I opened my mouth to speak, but instead chose to meet Senor Grandeur's gaze, who was busy looking around the place. 

"A canvas is supposed to be plain and unattractive, and it is up to the artist to decide how to make something beautiful out of it." 

"A beauty that has yet to rise," he continued, smiling.

My lips curled into a smile. I return my attention to the blooming flower and the other flowers that are now in bloom.

Following the destruction, this once-deserted location has been transformed into something beautiful. 

A beauty that has bloomed after the chaos.

"She grew up in a world that was dominated by darkness. She was only aware of pain, fear, anger, and loneliness. The darkness she embraced in order to make light of her own."

My breathing became unsteady as I tried to think clearly. I calmed myself and looked up at him, my eyes teary.

"At long last, she's growing."

That was all it took for me to recognize that the canvas who was plain and unattractive, and the beauty that had yet to bloom... was me.

"Senor..."

He walked until he stopped in front of me. He even crouched down just to level his eyes with mine.

"I am proud of you. You're growing slowly, but you're already blooming beautifully."

He wiped the tears from my eyes and gave me the same look he used to give me.

The look of pride.

"Really?" I murmured softly.

I bit my lower lip as I felt something heavy lifted from me. I was never the type of person who relied on words of affirmation, but after hearing it for the first time, it was as if I had finally felt the validation I had been looking for all along.

He chuckled and patted my head. 

"Luna, you'll always be someone deserving of everything. We all believe in you, so try to return the favor and believe in yourself more."

"Pinapaiyak mo naman ako, Senor eh." Nakanguso kong reklamo habang pinupunasan ang basa kong pisngi.

"You should now go to your class. Laidre's furious."