2- True Friends

IF YOU WOULD PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO LEAVE AN ASTERIX* ON ANY OF MY GRAMMAR/SPELLING MISTAKES

* * *

The sound of my father unlocking the closet door woke me from my sleep. I'd only gotten several short hours, seeing as I was curled in a ball, trying to find the most comfortable position on the hard floor. It was carpetted, but after the first thirty minutes of not moving I tend to get uncomfortable. "Hurry up and get ready for your classes. I hope you've learned your lesson, and this won't happen again."

That was all my father said to me before he casually walked away, sipping at his morning cup of coffee with no inhibitions. How is it he could lock his kid in a closet over night and not feel bad about it? It was hard to wrap my head around it, so instead of allowing myself to think on it all day I put it in the back of my mind. My bedroom door was propped open, screaming at me to return. Most peoples rooms were their safe haven, but mine felt like a prison. It's where I was locked away at night. For my own good, they called it.

Bullshit, but I wouldn't call them on it. I was too timid to do something like that. My parents could be real mean if they wanted to be. I'd learned the hard way at the young age of seven not to defy my parents or talk back. I'd get a swift slap to the face if I so much as twitched an eyebrow in defiance. They tempered me, curving me to be the daughter of their dreams. The only thing they didn't count on was the sneaky side I'd exhibit in publics eye.

As I got ready for classes in my every day ankle length skirt, and long sleeve shirt, I was mentally thinking about the outfit I would later change into once in school. My parents didn't know the little money I did actually spend was towards age appropriate clothes I kept hidden from them in an old wicker chest they never questioned me about. It had everything in it a normal eighteen year old would normally have hanging in their closet.

I'd wear my family appropriate clothes out of the house, quickly changing into my own clothes once I got to school. It was tricky business, making sure no one in school saw me dressed like the good little christian my family thought me to be. It wasn't that I tried to dress slutty, but ankle length skirts and long sleeve shirts weren't comfortable, or stylish. I'd went for a plain jane style. All my shirts were short v necks, short sleeves, and I didn't own a single skirt in my hidden collection. My jeans were all of the neutral tones: white, gray, black.

Something on my desk caught my eye as I grabbed my back pack.Picking the small, black object up, I realized it was a cheap pay as you go cell phone. Turning it over in my hand I found a sticky note on the back that said in Lanas all too familiar hand writing to keep in touch. Tears stung at my eyes as I thought about how kind my friend really was. She'd bought me a phone so I didn't have to use my parents cell.

They'd bought me my own cell phone for the family to keep in touch, but they monitored my conversations on it. The first time I text Lana with it they'd quickly taken it away and blocked any way for me to talk to her. They saw Lana as bad news, but I saw her as the only light in my life. I lived vicariously through her, and once in a blue moon she'd sneak me out for an unforgettable night. I had several of those to look back on and cherish.

They'd managed to sneak it to me through my cracked window last night some time while I'd been sleeping. My heart weeped for my friend back in my life, but some things weren't meant to be. "Sasha, hurry up or you won't make it to the bus stop in time!"

Of course, he was worried about me missing the towns bus, because that would mean he would have to take me himself. God forbid my parents have to spend time with their kid outside of church or the house.

Today wasn't the day to mess with me, and it seemed it wasn't the day to mess with them either. I wasn't in the mood for this, so I didn't even bother checking what clothing I grabbed as I made my way out of my room and out the door to class. Fingers crossed the day would get better. I mean, what else could possibly go wrong?

* * *

Okay, so apologies on how extremely short this chapter is. I didn't realize it was the shortest chapter I've ever written in my life until I made this update. There is a reason for it though. Her father is hardly in the story, but I wanted to give you an idea as to who he is so you can get a better understanding of her parents as a whole. And I also had to find a way to incorporate the pay as you go cell Lana gave her. I promise there won't be any more single page chapters.

* * *

Q&A

LET'S GET TO KNOW ONE ANOTHER! Here is where I will list a few questions to ask you guys so I can get to know each and every one of you.

0. Comment here with any questions you have for me.

1. So do you know of any crazy family rituals anyone you know does?

2. What do you think the plot twist will be?

3. Where do you think this story is going?

4. Favorite books to read on wattpad? I always need something new (and finished).

* * *

PLEASE VOTE

&

COMMENT

And don't forget to add this book to your reading lists if you want notifications. Also, I will gladly accept anyone who is willing to critique with me in trade for the same thing. I am always looking for help in perfecting my work.