11-Brilliant Ideas

Waking up the next morning I couldn't fight the smile glued to my lips. There was really no reason for it other than the fact life was good. Sure, I still lived with my asshole parents, sure I still had a shitty waitressing job at a dingy little cafe, but I felt different-in a good way.

After my talk with Ashton yesterday my eyes were opened. She had a positive way about looking at life that I wanted to take on as my own life motto. What did it matter if my parents decided I was a disgrace to the family and disowned me? I could easily pick back up where I left off later in life when I could afford it on my own. As for having a place to stay it was about time I had a proper chat with Lana and the twins. They all deserved to know what I was going through. They were my real friends and family. They would help me if I needed it, and I wasn't afraid to admit that I needed it anymore.

My voice had been silenced through fear for too long. It was time for a change, but first things first I had to talk to the twins. We needed to figure out what the hell all of this was. They said they were dedicated to this, but I wanted to know what exactly this was.

With a deep breath I opened up a group chat with the twins, and began the conversation that would make or break whatever the fuck this was.

ME: Hey boys

TUCKER: What's up, little one? Everything okay?

TROY: Heyy, baby girl. How are you?

ME: I'm good actually. Great, really. I had a talk with a friend last night at work and my eyes were opened to a few things that need to be changed in my life.

My knees bumped together as I fidgited to the edge of my bed, nervous as the minutes ticked by. They'd both read the message, but no one was saying anything. Did I say something wrong? Did I scare them off? By the time my phone finally chimed I nearly jumped out of my own skin. I'd been so spaced out the simple noice scared the day lights out of me. Why did important things like this always have to make me to nervous?

TUCKER: Such as?

There was still no reply from Troy, but I knew he was watching for my answer. Was he too scared to ask what I meant? There were so many questions running through my head that set my determination on high gear. This was exactly why we needed to talk. I couldn't go living my life with so many questions always stressing me out when it didn't have to be that way.

ME: We talked about my relationship with you guys, and I had an epiphany.

Again, they both read the message, but this time no one replied. I felt almost bad for building so much suspence, so I didn't wait too long to type back. I want you. Both of you. I've been thinking about what other people will think of me and my actions for too long. It's honestly been ruling over my life and decisions. I want to be with both of you. Completely. I want to be happy, and you are what makes me happy.

The reply was almost immediate.

TUCKER: Why, Sasha, are you asking us out? ;)

That fucking smile was back and it was starting to hurt.

TROY: Are you sure about this? I mean, I understand what you want. I want it to, but do you really understand the repurcutions being out and public about us is going to have on you? You said your parents are catholic freaks. You could sever what little relationship you have with them as you know it.

My poor Troy always the serious one. It felt nice, knowing that he cared enough about me to keep us a secret for my parents sake, but I was tired of hiding the only good things that made me happy in life.

ME: It's all I've been thinking about, and I realized something. My parents might love me in their own little ways, but they don't really love me as a daughter. I'm more of a worldly possession that makes their lives look good to the public eye. Why do you think I don't know any of their friends, don't know any of their favorite hobbies if they even have any? Hell, I don't even know my parents favorite foods or colors. They keep me isolated from everything outside of college classes and church, and use my education as a way of leverage over me. I'm done with it, and I'm done with them.