4-Maid of Honor

IF YOU WOULD PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO LEAVE AN ASTERIX* ON ANY OF MY GRAMMAR/SPELLING MISTAKES

* * *

Waking up this morning I was surprised to find the family had let me sleep in. It was nearly 9 o'clock, and no one in my house hold was ever asleep past 7:30 a.m. Being left alone put a smile on my face. It wasn't that I hated my family, per se. I just couldn't stand to be around them. Hate is a very strong word, and I only detested them for their behaviors and lifestyle.

Checking my phone I nearly squealed out loud. Instead of giving away that I was awake just yet I covered my hand over my mouth and jumped up and down in bed. I had a text from Troy asking me if I wanted to meet up for lunch around noon. Letting them know that sounded like fun we made plans to meet up at the small cafe just down the road from their house.

Looking at the clock I had roughly two and a half hours to get ready. My heart pounded in my chest as I ripped open the lid to my makeshift closet and began digging around for the perfect outfit, but nothing looked good enough! Hands dug into my hair I pulled my laptop out to skype Lana. She answered on the second ring.

"Hey, booboo, what's up?" Meeting her gaze with a smile I stopped and stared for a moment. She was positively radiant. So much so that she glowed.

"You look beautiful, bitch. I was wondering if you could help me pick out an outfit for my luncheon with the twins. I can't find a cute outfit to save my life." And that was all it took. Off like a rocket she was through my little closet in fifteen minutes, and she'd managed to put together a simple yet kind of sexy short and v neck outfit.

I stood back baffled, rubbing at my temples as I contemplated what the twins would say when they saw me. Would Troy do that thing where he hugs me, but when he steps back he doesn't take his hand off my waist? Would Tucker do that thing where he never takes his eyes off of me the whole time we're talking? God, those two men were going to be the death of me.

It should have felt wrong desiring the attention of two men, let alone brothers, but it couldn't have felt more right. They had a way of making me forget all of my morals, and wanting to jump head first into anything they offered. It wasn't necessarily their looks that drew me in, although that was definately a plus, but it was more their demeanor. They both held an aura around them that screamed 'we live life by our own standards. Gladly fuck yourself if you don't agree.'

"Someone's day dreaming about two delicious hunks of male meat." Lana smirked, quickly apologizing to Aldric when he pipped up about her talking about his friends like that with him in the room. "I'm sorry, baby, but you've got to see the look on this girls face."

And that's how Aldric got into the conversation.

"Yep, she's definately in love." If I'd have been there in person I would have smacked him over the back of the head. When they saw my wounded character they quickly pipped up. "You do look beautiful, though, Sasha. Hold your head high today. Lana is right. You've got the attention of two guys so much so they wouldn't even look away from you when we were visiting. If that doesn't prove you're gorgeous I don't know what will." And with that my eyes watered.

Aldric was such a good guy, and I was so happy to see he treated Lana good. Lord knows she of all people deserved it. "Aldric, I don't want to be weird or anything, but I wanted to thank you for the way you are taking care of my girl. She deserves nothing more than the world, and I'm glad to see you can make her happy."

Just with those few words his ego swells, his chest puffs out, and he gets this glimer in his eye. "You'll be happy to hear the good news then." Confused, Lana giggles at me. Lifting her hand to the camera so I can get a good view something flashes in the light, and I squeal, prompting Lana to join in.

"No freaking way! You popped the question? When did this all happen?!" I have to whisper yell because I'm so excited for my best friend.

"Last night, actually. If you hadn't skyped me this morning I would have skyped you tonight for the simple fact a little birdie told me about this date with the twins." I cast a withering look at Aldric, and he shrinks back into the shadows with a maniacle laugh.

"Little birdie, my ass. More like bald eagle. You wound me, baby. I'm fucking majestic!"

Laughter rings out as he finally disappears into the other room, leaving us to our excitement. "Forget about my plans for a second, and let us just focus on the fact that you're getting married!" and then I had a thought. "Lana, you're marrying your step brother, and I'm crushing on twins. We really are fucked up aren't we?"

My question seems to dampen the spirit of our conversation, but she brushes my apologies away. I know somethings up, and if the mention of family in the conversation of marriage tells me anything, she's upset her dad won't be the one to walk her down the aisle. "Lana, he'd be so proud of you." That was all it took before the flood gates open and she lets it all out.

I wish more than anything I could hold my best friend in her time of need, but things aren't always what we wish them to be.

"Thank you," she whimpered, her shoulders momentarily shaking as she tried to regain composure. "But onto a happier subject again. You will be my Maid of Honor, won't you?"

I grabbed at my chest, fake gasping. It was almost instant the smile that encompassed her beautiful face. "There's that smile." At my words she just shook her head with a soft giggle. "Of course I'll be your Maid of Honor. You really had to ask?"

"Okay, okay," Lana giggled, making me smile at how much I missed her. Just the sound of her voice made me happy again. That was the true testament of our friendship. "Enough about me, Booboo. Where are you going to tell your parents you're off to? You know they're going to ask the second you reach the living room." And that right there made my breath hitch.

What was I going to tell them? I hadn't even thought past what I was going to wear! I clutched at my chest as I felt my breath hitch. Surely I was going to have a panic attack. It wasn't going to work. Nothing ever did. I might as well text them and let them know I wouldn't be able to ever see them again. There was no way my parents would ever let me out of the house without a reliable excuse.

"Don't even think about it!" Lana growled at me. "I know that look. You aren't canceling on them. I won't let you. Just lie to them. I know you're shit at lying in general, but think about all the fun you're going to have with these two men in your life? They can keep you company until the day I can come and steal you away."

I hickuped, trying to catch my breath. She was right. I couldn't let my parents take this awaay from me, when I already knew how happy I truly could be with Troy and Tucker. They weren't even anything to me, and yet just the mention of their name gave me anticipation. Anticipation as to what kind of life I could have with them in it.

"Okay, so what do I do?"

The smile that encompassed her small face was breathtaking. "Glad to hear you aren't backing down from them. I've got a plan."

* * *

Q&A

LET'S GET TO KNOW ONE ANOTHER! Here is where I will list a few questions to ask you guys so I can get to know each and every one of you.

0. Comment here with any questions you have for me.

1. What could Lana's plan be?

2. Tell me something about you.

3. Where do you think this story is going?

4. Favorite books to read on wattpad? I always need something new (and finished).

* * *

PLEASE VOTE

&

COMMENT

And don't forget to add this book to your reading lists if you want notifications. Also, I will gladly accept anyone who is willing to critique with me in trade for the same thing. I am always looking for help in perfecting my work.