Chapter Ten

うちはサスケ
Sasuke Uchiha
"Hideki."

...---...

You're not him anymore, Hideki.

Those were the words Raideshi told him. And they stung. Deeply.

I'm not Sasuke Uchiha anymore?

Then how can he remember the Uchiha family, from the start of his birth? How can he remember Mikoto Uchiha, the woman who raised him? How can he remember Itachi Uchiha, when he assassinated the entire clan and left him alone? How can he remember his brother, the man who killed his clan and in return let him be killed?

You are Hideki of Konohagakure. Your team consists of Raideshi, Satoshi, and Akira. The four of your went on a mission and went missing. To prevent followers, your files were destroyed. When you came back to Konoha, you were dropped off the field. You are now a solo spy, for the Hokage.

A background consisting of six sentences. But the life of a boy he watched from afar--he knew so much more.

He is Sasuke Uchiha. He was named after Sasuke Sarutobi, in hopes he'd grow up to be an excellent Shinobi. He grew up in his brother, Itachi Uchiha's shadow, and desperately wanted to learn many of his Clan's Jutsu. He sought for his father's attention and praise. When he was six years old, his entire clan was killed by his brother. He was spared because Itachi wanted him to grow stronger.

Sasuke Uchiha subsided into darkness and had an ambition: to restore his clan and kill Itachi Uchiha. He was bent on this ambition for nine years. When he was twelve, he was put into a team with Kakashi Hatake as the sensei, and Naruto Uzumaki and Sakura Haruno as his teammates. The team lasted for only a year before being broken apart.

It first started at the Land of Waves, their first C-Rank mission. During that mission, Sasuke Uchiha awakened his Sharingan. In the Chunin Exams, he encountered Orochimaru. The snake Sannin could tell he wanted power, so he gave him an invitation in the form of a Curse Mark--to follow Orochimaru and grow stronger.

Sasuke Uchiha was doubtful at first, but his determination to gain power grew after an encounter with his brother, who joined the Akatsuki. He was defeated by Itachi, and later on believed that Konohagakure did not provide the strength he wanted. So, he took Orochimaru's offer and trained with him. On his departure, he greatly injured his own comrades, including his teammate, Naruto Uzumaki.

For three years, Sasuke Uchiha trained under Orochimaru. He let the Sannin do experiments, all to gain power. But there was a final experiment approaching, that would be permanent--Orochimaru's Immortality Jutsu, where ones soul is transferred to a stronger body, allowing them to stay alive. However, Sasuke Uchiha broke apart from Orochimaru before that Jutsu could happen, and killed the sannin.

He then chased after his brother and killed him--

"Hideki? You paying attention?"

Approximately twenty sentences. So much more than the description of Hideki's life--his life.

But now all of that is gone?

"Hideki!" He snapped his head up to meet concerned emerald eyes. "What did I say five seconds ago?"

"Uh...medical nonsense?"

"Not this time." The redhead shook her head. "I was telling you to bake me something. I heard from Satoshi that you baked a cake for Naruto, and there were leftovers. Satoshi said they were good. Bake me something."

Freaking Satoshi, Hideki thought as he scowled. But he nodded nonetheless. He needed something to take his mind off his thoughts.

"Sure." He answered.

...---...