Chapter Thirty-Five

中忍選抜試験
Chunin Selection Exams

...---...

Three Weeks Before the Chunin Exams

Orochimaru cursed as he walked around. For the past few months, numerous groups have been sent to infiltrate and clear out many of his abandoned bases--although they were abandoned, they contained numerous of his experiments. Those experiments included the patients he placed the Cursed Mark on.

From Kabuto's report, most of the teams infiltrating his underground bases are from Konoha--he wonders, did Hiruzen do this? Why now?

But the key word from Kabuto was most. Most of the teams were from Konoha--the rest were two-man teams, and although there was much less people, their strength and damage was immense. They bore no headbands nor flak jackets that had signs of their affiliation.

He narrows his eyes, but they soon soften at a realization. At least the Chunin Exams are coming up. I'll see Sasuke Uchiha,

And by then I won't need anymore experiments.

...---...

Miyako and Sayaka arrive a little more than three weeks before from the Chunin Exams, and the first destination in Sayaka's mind: Konoha's hospital.

And she finds what she expects: a section full of experiments from Orochimaru's numerous bases--some bases that she and Miyako had gotten into themselves.

Thank goodness Satoshi carried out my request...

"Sayaka-san! You came here!"

"Is that Sayaka?"

"She saved us, remember?"

"That's her partner too!"

Sayaka waved at all the patients and rolled her sleeves up. Miyako watched, unsure of what to do--she had no experience in medical ninjutsu, but basics in herbs.

Herbs--now that she was back in Konoha, she could visit Takeshi, the man from the Temple. She missed the old man dearly, and hoped that Danzo didn't get to him.

What if--"Miyako, go ahead and wander around. I'm gonna handle these people, okay?"

...---...

Miyako felt a weight lighted off her shoulders, and she could now breathe with ease. She nodded and left, heading to the temple.

As she walked, a part of her wondered what Sayaka would do--she'd been wondering for a long time. Why are we going in Orochimaru's bases? Why are we taking his experiments? Why are we here now?

Why is there another Sakura Haruno?

There was a lot of things Miyako wanted to know about Sayaka, but it wasn't her place to know. But still...

She released her henge once she stepped inside the temple.

"Takeshi?"