Chapter Twenty

うちはサスケ
Sasuke Uchiha
"Hideki."

...---...

That night he watched. It occurred only two weeks after the team split up, more than half a year since they went back in time. He wondered, if I could have done something during those seven months, would this be stopped?

Then he thought of all the consequences that would happen. His brother would be used as a weapon. Even if the Uchiha clan was saved, they would still be viewed as traitors--there would still be a coup de tat.

It was inevitable.

So many times he wished he could have done something during the past few months. He wished he could save his brother and him--himself.

Hideki didn't want to go through all that again. Now, he had to watch himself go through it--and all the bad decisions that followed.

He had to watch his own self follow the dark, narrow path. He had to watch himself abandon friendship, the only remains of what family he had.

He had to watch himself kill his own brother.

But maybe, he thought. Maybe I can't prevent the Massacre, but I can prevent myself from going deeper into darkness. I wasted three years thirsting for power, only to realize that the very reason why...was a lie.

Oh, how he wished he knew he truth back then. Maybe...maybe...

But that was only it. A maybe, something that he couldn't change now that it was done.

But this new opportunity, it could change everything.

Hideki, whose name meant opportunity, looked to the tower.

Everything.

...---...