Chapter Forty-One

"Alright, now that the sob-speech is over, can we just take the jinchuriki and go?"

"I'm going to go, Kisame. I need to take care of some...business."

"Itachi-"

"If you don't let me leave, I'll make you watch."

"Oh-alright."

...-...

The moment Itachi departs, Sayaka's partner follows as well. "Miyako, where are you going-"

"Itachi and I have some unfinished business. Don't follow. Take care of your friend."

Miyako disappears in a flash, her voice cold and strained. It's like how she was six years ago, Sayaka thought. How does she know Itachi? Was this in the other timeline too?

"Sayaka. Go with Sasuke. He could get hurt. We can take care of Kisame." Satoshi orders, falling into a readied stance.

"Are you sure? Hideki?" Said man turned, eyes closed. He was shaking, after what Sasuke said. Still, he bounced his weight on the balls of his feet, and readied his katana.

He spreads his feet to stay balanced, and she is far too much reminded of the same kind of stance Miyako utilized in her fights.

"Yeah, go. Take care of him. And your partner."

...-...

"How did it happen before?" Hideki whispers. He'd been distracted with Itachi the last time this happened, and also passed out thag time, so he didn't know how Naruto and Jiraya warded off the two Akatsuki members.

"I remember...uhh, I think Jiraya just intimidated them. And they knew they wouldn't win so they left," Satoshi answered. "You think we can do that?" He teased with a smirk.

"Oh, you know it."

Kisame Hoshigaki was perplexed. Somehow, these four Shinobi were able to predict them coming to Shukuba Town and aiming to capture Naruto. It creeped him out; wondering what they'd do now to save the Uzumaki.

Better hurry, Itachi. They don't seem like normal Shinobi.

...-...

"Miyako!" The chase extended from Shukuba town to the forest surrounding the area. Due to the trees, it made it difficult to catch sight of Miyako, or to even see Itachi.

Finally, they had stopped at a clearing. Sayaka skidded to a stop alongside Miyako, staring down the older Uchiha.

"Sayaka, take Sasuke and take him far away from here." Miyako ordered. Her tone wasn't dark or cold anymore, it was shaky, and filled with an emotion Sayaka couldn't place. It was a mix of anger, fear, and unease.

Miyako didn't look ready to face the Uchiha. But she insisted. "Miyako, how do you know him-"

"No questions right now, Sayaka. I'll get him and you bring him back to Hideki."

"Miya-"

"Chou-san." The name rings through the atmosphere, a painful reminder to Miyako. But it is spoken by another man, one that is definitely not Takeshi-a man, whose prescience spikes some dark, flaming emotion inside her.