Chapter Thirty-Seven

SUPER LONG CHAPTER AHEAD

...---...

中忍選抜試験

Chunin Selection Exams

...---...

One Week Before the Last Stage of the Chunin Exams

By then, nearly everyone in the entire world knows about the Konoha Ward, labeled For Orochimaru's Experiments. From many places, thousands of people have broken free from Orochimaru's control and went to be cured.

But for the people who are still stuck, the Hokage has sent many ANBU teams to extract people from other underground bases. But for the remaining bases, the teams are to wait for a signal.

What signal?

The signal for when Orochimaru makes the first strike.

...---...

Orochimaru knows it's risky to leave his underground bases to go to the Chunin Exams.

But he believes that in the end, he won't need those experiments anymore.

After all, an Uchiha is worth more, right?

...---...

After Kabuto Yakushi reports to Orochimaru and withdraws from the preliminaries of the exam, Orochimaru sends him back to check on the underground base.

And Kabuto is never heard from again.

Outside of Sasuke Uchiha's hospital room, Kakashi Hatake stands guard.

...---...

Today has a tense atmosphere. The security is high and the crowd is waiting for a fight--a good one. The medics stand at the side, and the proctor is already done with the Final Stage of the Chunin Exams before it has even begun.

Most of the Rookie Nine from the Konohagakure Academy has passed the first two stages of the Chunin Exams: the entire Team Seven (Sayaka is proud the pinkette made it farther than she did last time), Shino, and Shikamaru. From Team Gai's team, only Neji Hyuuga has passed. For the Sabaku trio, all three passed.

Twelve people. Six matches for the first part.

And yet, Sayaka knows they won't get far.

Miyako knows. Hideki knows. Satoshi knows. Raideshi knows.

The Third Hokage knows.

The six of them pray for a small amount of casualties, but they know it's not possible.

...---...

テマリ
Temari Sabaku

Temari Sabaku is still shaken from the conversation she had three days ago. Why? Because supposedly, it never happened.