Chapter Forty-Four

So, basically, I said Miyako was an Uchiha and stuff in the last chapter, and I wanted to address anyone's opinion on it being too..cliche? I'm sorry if it was. But I had planned this since the beginning and thought it would be a good idea. I hope it was..but if any of you are against this, I apologize about it... but really I wanted to try out the "another uchiha" type of thing, something like that. Anyways please enjoy the rest of this chapter, it's gonna be the last one before the epilogue.

ALSO, LONG CHAPTER AHEAD

"What's this?"

"I found it in your hand after that fight with Itachi. I don't know how you got it, though."

Miyako flipped it over in her hand. It was a coin-shaped metal, but had a small ring attached to the end, meaning it was probably a pendant or charm. The insignia had been worn down to the point where it was unidentifiable.

her nimble fingers continued to feel the surface of the object. It was stained a dark brown, close to black, and had a weirdly watery scent. She felt around the grooves of the pendant, until she realized they weren't grooves, but engravings. Examining the side of the pendant, she found it read F O U N T A I N

The edges were worn down, but it was readable.

"What day do we leave?" Miyako asked, getting up to put on her slacks. She slipped off her hospital gown and replaced it with a baggy beige shirt. After shoving her sandals on and tightening her bands, she buttoned on her cloak.

"In five days, why?" Miyako sheathed her katana and attached it to her belt.

"Can we visit the fountain? You know, the one in the center of town?"

"Yeah, sure."

There probably is more than one fountain in Konoha, but the one in the center of town was the oldest of all. It was before the Uchiha Massacre and the rising tension of Konoha, sometime when the village was a budding settlement of opportunities and bright faces. The fountain itself was dedicated to the Uchiha clan. However, after the Massacre, people only view it as a wishing well, especially when the carving of the Clan's symbol had faded by the running water.

Sayaka had to take care of some things with the Hokage, most likely to ask the status of Hiruzen Sarutobi. Thankfully, he survived the Konoha Invasion, however it took quite a toll on him, especially when facing his past student. This was why Tsunade was brought in, to not only heal Orochimaru's near-impossible poisons (which reminded Sayaka of Sasori, that little puppet), but to serve as a substitute for a while. Unwillingly, she took up the place of the office, but eased into it quite easily.

So here Miyako was, alone at the fountain, looking like some fool. Sayaka had dropped her off with a small goodbye and some dango sticks. After the hospital incident, Miyako had been a tad bit quiet.

As she crossed around the fountain, staring at the bright, running water, she came across a young boy.

The Uchiha's younger brother.

The one I fought alongside with in the invasion.

Does he still hold a grudge? It seemed like it, from the way he glared at her. Or does he always look at people like that? "What brings you here, Uchiha-san?"