Chapter Twenty-Four

うちはサスケ
Sasuke Uchiha
"Hideki."

...---...

Sorry...little late surprise update! I was planning to update today, but I kinda forgot :/. I guess that's what you get when you have horrible memory haha. Anyways, thanks for reading, and I hope you enjoy the chapter! :]

...---...

Ever since the Massacre, Sasuke has changed. He no longer chases blue butterflies. He no longer runs to the market early in the morning with his mother to buy some tomatoes. He no longer waits at the front door of the compound, looking for his older brother when he returns from his mission. He no longer seeks for his father's approval.

Why? Because there's nothing left at all.

By the time Sasuke had left the hospital (after three days), the bodies left in the Uchiha Compound had already been buried. A funeral was held--but with the growing grudge between the clan and the civilians, only a handful attended to pay their respects.

Sasuke no longer smiles--only scowls and glares. He no longer laughs or speaks at all--when he is tempted, he will offer a snide remark, or a simple "hn." to drive them away.

He's not Sasuke Uchiha--oh no...

He's the man who will kill Itachi Uchiha.

But in Hideki's eyes, Sasuke is this: a broken boy.

...---...

Although Sasuke had met Hideki and Satoshi at the hospital, he pushed them away. He treated the two as if they were mere strangers who hadn't met--Hideki guessed they were, since they had short conversations in the past.

But it was his job to help Sasuke.

Hideki scowled. How the heck can I help him if he won't let me?

I guess his proves how difficult I was to Naruto.

Yet, as he worries about his younger self, his mind somehow wanders to Itachi Uchiha. Since the encounter that night, Hideki was sure Itachi was suspicious about him. It was what he wanted (at a small degree), but he only intended a quick goodbye that night.

And dang it. He thought. I sobbed on him? I'm still a freaking brat.

No, a small part of his mind whispered.

You're still broken.

...---...

[Five Days After the Uchiha Massacre]

"Oi! Teme, what are you doing, sitting around?" Said teme got smacked at the back of his head before he could even respond. "You should be out there, comforting Sasuke!"

"Dobe, if you haven't noticed--I wouldn't be surprised if you haven't--he doesn't want help." Hideki retorted, rubbing the back of his head as he glowered at the man before him. "How can I help him if he doesn't want my help?"