Chapter Fourteen

カカシ班
team seven

...---...

Seven Hours After Naruto Went After the Akatsuki

"Naruto can't be going around doing all this stuff without communicating with us!" Sakura scolded before turning to Sasuke. "And you can't be scheming up a plan to assasinate the Council of Elders, even though you at least threw the idea there--unlike Naruto! But--"

"Who are you to be ordering us around?" Sasuke shot back, eyes narrowing. "I did it because it had to happen sooner or later--"

"But not right now! We have a a few years head-start since Naruto brought us back to when we were six year olds!"

"But it doesn't mean that can just lay around and slack off!" Naruto cut in, his loud voice bouncing throughout the entire apartment. "We went back for a reason, and we have to do it!"

"I'm not saying that." Sakura stated. "We shouldn't slack off, I know, but maybe instead of focusing on all the violent stuff, we can start doing stuff silently, unknown, and without violence! We could've easily conversed with the council," she looked at Sasuke. "and with the Akatsuki!" She looked back to Naruto.

"Oh, that's all that goes through your head, does it?" Sasuke countered, onyx eyes flaming. His walls were down now, and anyone could see the bloodlust and rage in his eyes--the anger and dark desire he hid for so long. "Just talk it out! It's not simple. Do you understand that?"

"I do!" Sakura replied harshly. "But we can still try! And just because we went back for the war doesn't mean we leave each other behind to play out plans that we haven't talked over yet. We have to talk about it, we have to come to a consensus--"

"A war doesn't have time to come to a consensus, Sakura." Naruto's voice was deep and sharpened like a sword. He stared down the medic. "We have to take the opportunity to do something, and we can't do it if you're just trying to hold us back!"

"I'm not holding you back." Sakura stared back, emerald eyes clashing against cerulean. "I'm just trying to prevent a mistake. You know that if we do anything rash, this will be all for nothing."

"You've always been trying to prevent things, Sakura." Sasuke spoke up from behind her. "Where has it gotten you?"

Sasuke's words were etched in her mind as she walked out of the apartment. They'd fought for a few more minutes, but it was fruitless--it was obvious they weren't changing their mind. Sasuke was too dead set on Danzo, and Naruto on the Akatsuki.

And Kakashi? All he did was push Naruto towards the Akatsuki--because of his past experiences with Obito? Did the silver haired jounin know what Naruto planned?

"It didn't go well, I suppose." Ah, speak of the devil. Sakura turned to find him, shadowed by a dark alleyway, with an amused crinkle of his eye. "You should know that boys are more aggressive and hard headed than women."

"You'd be one to know," Sakura muttered as she walked by. He hopped out of the alleyway and followed her. "I can't believe you did that to Naruto. You let him go after the Akatsuki."

"He wanted it, so I let him--"

"He's not the only one who wanted it. We all wanted something to do with the Akatsuki, but you let him go after them without talking about it?"

"I talked with him about it..."

"That's not what I meant. You didn't talk about it with all of us." Sakura spun around on her heel, to find him gone. "But I guess all three of you would agree with each other, right?"

And then she realized as she walked through the brisk, winter air,

She was always the odd one out.

But Sakura was never one to fuss over such things like a child. She brush that thought aside for later and focused on getting to her apartment.

It's just a fight. She thought. Let's just forget about it and move on.

But the family was already broken.