chapter 4: dinner with friends

Naruto P.O.V

It was midnight and I was accessing some codes I found out about on my laptop. I then stopped and began to watch the video again. I've seen this video over a hundred times but I can't seem to find anything .
Damn, maybe I should just tell the agency I can't crack this mystery.

In class

I was sitting next to Hinata in math class. She looks so cute the way she tries to figure things out .
" So the answer is 632 " Kakashi said .

Hinata P.O.V

I looked at the sum and didn't understand how he got 632, but Naruto was way ahead of me .
" Wrong " he said making everyone look to him wearing his red ,blue and white Jordan's with a blue jeans and a blue and black Nike jacket .
He stood up and went to the front of the class.
He wrote down the right answer in front of all of us which was 633 instead of 632.
He turned and threw the chalk behind him right into Kakashi's hand. Just like what happened the first time. He began to rub his head sheepishly and continued on with the lesson.
We all stared at Naruto in amazement .
Sasuke actually smiled but a small one .
" OH MY GOSH LOOK !!" Tenten shouted through the class.
" What is it now Tenten ?" Kakashi asked coldly, snapping the chalk in his hand in half .
" Sasuke !" She said pointing a finger at him. The whole class focused on him, and his smile faded away. And he reverted back to his emotionless exterior. It was like the smile was never even there to begin with.
" So what's the big deal Tenten ?" Ino asked not noticing anything.
" Sasuke actually smiled " She said still in shock. The whole class looked at the Uchiha, whose smile had long faded.
" No way, impossible " The one boy in the corner of the class said .
" It can't be " The one girl said who was sitting in the middle of class .
" Don't make up stories Tenten ,Sasuke Uchiha...smiling for once " Sai said smiling his weird smile .
" Ok enough !" Kakashi shouted startling everyone but Naruto and Sasuke .

After class I watched Naruto walking and talking to Sasuke. I was too far out of ear shot, but I longed to hear what they were saying.
As if on que Naruto noticed me staring and called me over.  I walked hesitantly but also fast wanting to know.
" Only if Hinata can come with " I heard Naruto say in his cool guy voice.

Come to what ?!

" Sure whatever loser ,she was gonna come anyway " Sasuke replyeid in his calm, also cool guy voice .

Alright, what's going on here !?

" Well don't just stand there idiot, ask here " Sasuke said putting one hand on his hip .

Ask me what ?! Ask me what !?

" Oh ya, hey Hinata, would you wanna have dinner with the rest of us ?" He asked with his signature smile that melted my heart.

He's so cute

" Hinata..." He continued waving his hand over my face.
He snapped me back into reality .
" Oh , of course " I replyeid looking away trying to hide my blush.

Time skip later that day

We were leaving the restaurant all in one piece accept, one person. Sasuke got pipping hot water poured on his leg, and to make matters worse we found out that he accidentally cut himself with his knife ,while cutting his stake .
We all were walking to our separate cars about to head back to campus. Since I came here with Naruto-kun I have to leave with him as well .

We were all walking out until we all heard a voice from the shadows which sent a chill down my spine. I know that voice. It was Bils voice. Some guy who's part of a gang that mug people, and he's the leader .

Ever since the day him and his gang tried to mug us all he's developed...a liking to my figure. It sucks that the only guy who does like me is a gang member.

" Hinata, I didn't know you'd be here " his voice was laced with a certain perverted tone.
Naruto shot me a glance out of the corner of his eye, a worried one at that .
" What's wrong baby ?" he said with that same perverted tone. A tone that made me back away ,a tone that made me imagine life with him ,a horrible life , a tone that made me scared beyond reason. Usually all the guys would protect us girls from Bil and his men, and one women .
The problem was that every time they did, they would get beaten up trying. Except Sasuke. He would walk away, almost without a scratch.

" Bil what do you want ?" Sasuke asked coldly, giving Bil a death glare.
Everyone gave Bill a death glare.
" I was going to mug the next person that was gonna walk out onto the street. But now I realize this as my chance to get my dear, sweet Hinata " he said licking his lips .
I looked around and saw Sakura standing behind Sasuke with Tenten holding onto Neji and Ino standing behind her very own artist, Sai .
" Like hell your gonna get her !" Sasuke yelled at him .

He ignored Sasuke and turned his gaze to me with a devilish look. He looked me up and down with a perverted smile on his face .
" Hinata, come with me now before your friends have to get hurt " he said rubbing his hands .
" No, she's not going with you " Sasuke said and stepped in front of the whole group. Sasuke has always seen himself as the alpha lion ,the one that protects the rest. But with his hurt arm and wrist, combined with the burn marks. I don't think he can handle this fight.
" Ok we're gonna do this the hard way " Bil said and all his men, and one women, walked out of the shadows.
Sasuke and the guys stood in a fighting stance ready. Suddenly Naruto walked in front of everyone. He turned his head slightly so we could see his glare which told us ' Stay out of the fight ' he turned back to glare at Bil.
Even his name makes me scared.

Sasuke stepped forward and stood next to Naruto.
" No " he said holding his hand in front of Sasuke.
" Their all mine " he said cracking his knuckles which shocked everyone. Sasuke stepped back.

Naruto cracked his knuckles then got to work beating on Bils men.
It was one man, against 7 men and one women making 8 people in total. Naruto ran to the men at full pace and the battle started. Sasuke got ready to step into the fight but realized Naruto had it handled. He was throwing punch after punch, knocking the men from every angle. One of the men brought out a knife and began running toward Ino.
But suddenly...

Naruto P.O.V

I flashed in front of Ino as fast as possible and caught the knife. I shouted out in pain as I realized the knife had gone through my hand. The pain shot through my body, but I didn't pull it out yet. It fuelled my hate fire. I shut my eyes and then opened them with complete anger.
I swung my fist knocking the guy away.
I continued the battle of fists, with my friends watching in awe. I gave Bil a round house kick to the face. All his men were on the floor in pain .

Sasuke P.O.V

I have to admit I was slightly in awe about what the dobe did. He took out eight people by himself. But of course I knew he could.
He raised his hand with the knife stuck in it and pulled out the knife not even wincing or even flinching. All of us, except me, cringed when we heard the sound that it made. Knife grinded against the bone in his hand, making a scraping noise.
Naruto had his back to us.
" Everyone get in your cars " Naruto said sternly which made everyone rush to their cars. Except me and Hinata. Hinata and I walked to his side.
" Sasuke, get in your car " he said but I continued walking to his side.
" Hinata, get into my car " He said sternly looking away.
I suddenly became shocked and walked into my car.
I sat in the driver seat as Sakura hopped into the car. I started the engine. Just then one of Bils men got up and walked towards Naruto's car. Naruto immediately got out the car and grabbed the mans head. Since I hadn't pulled out the parking lot and drove away yet, and my car was the closest thing around. Naruto grabbed the man by his head and began smashing the mans head on my window.

I watched as blood splattered all over my, newly washed car windows. The glass gave way and broke the mans head all the way through my window. Sakura ,who was in the passenger seat , screamed for dear life.
After that, I had enough so I decided to get out of there.
I pulled out the parking lot and drove away back to campus.
Naruto did the same, leaving the scene .