Chapter 1: Inspection

Reader's POV
I walked around the campus with Marco as we talked about the upcoming inspection. Marco respected me as his older sister, most of the time I would give him advice a lot. Marco was like my little brother that I always had to care for.
"You know what happening right (Y/N)?"
"Yeah, yeah. More inspections Marco"
"Not just that (Y/N). Don't you remember? We're choosing our sections today!"
How could I forget. We get to choose between the Scout Regiment, Garrison League and the Military Police. I personally want to become a Scout but I'll follow Marco on what ever he chooses.
"I'm gonna pick the Scouts"
"But Marco, I thought you wanted to go to the Military Police department"
"Yeah I changed my mind"
I wonder why he changed his mind. Was it because of me? The bell rang for lunch and both me and Marco ran back to the Mess Hall. The room filled up quickly with chatting cadets from the entrance. Me and Marco sat with the other boys, Jean, Reiner, Connie and Bertholdt and started a conversation about choosing Regiments and to my surprise, all of them chose the Scouts.
"But why guys? Why choose Scouts?"
"Look (Y/N), it's best to stick with the people you know."
"Yeah, Reiner is right on that note. That's why I'm going into the Scouts."
Is it me or does it seem like Bertholdt is like a tall kawaii softy. We all continued our conversation about the selection until some new faces appeared through the door. There were two men, both with the Wings Of Freedom logo in their jackets. One of them was shorter than the other and he had back hair with a neat under-cut hair do. The other man was much taller and also had an undercut with his hair pushed back. I leaned over to Marco to whisper a question in his ear .
"Who are those two people?"
"Well the tall one is Scout Commander Erwin and the other one is captain Levi"
They were just walking around and watching other cadet's behaviour.
"We should just act normal Marco"
"Yeah"
When we got our food, we had a normal conversation with the others about who's better at combat.

Marco's POV
"You guys know that I'm way better than Jaeger, c'mon (Y/N), back me up here"
"Yeah right Jean, Eren killed you with that flip"
I was keeping on (Y/N) as Jean, sometimes, can get carried away around her like last week, he was showing off how strong he was even telling her to touch his 'muscular' arms. I could tell that she was uncomfortable then, especially when Jean wouldn't let her talk to any other boys that day.
Captain Levi was in our area, slowly walking past the other cadets. He seemed to eye (Y/N) for a bit before carrying on the the inspection.
"You ok Marco? You seem worried about something"
"No it's nothing"
I don't like it when (Y/N) is distressed over me.
"Cool beans, I'm just gonna go outside for a bit I'll be right back"
"Oh ok"
Normally when she comes back after spending time on her own her eyes are red like she has been crying.
I waited until (Y/N) when out side onto the porch to ask Bertholdt for a favour.
"Bertholdt, can you quietly check on (Y/N) for me please?"
"Oh sure"

Bertholdt's POV
I got up and made my way out of the mess hall and sneaked onto the porch where I could hear (Y/N) crying. I peered around the corner to see (Y/N) sitting by the stairs, crouched and crying.
"(Y/N).."
"Huh.... oh, Hi Bertholdt"
"What's wrong (Y/N)?"
"Oh no it's...nothing"
I doubt that it's nothing
"You can tell me you know"
She looked at me with the most sparkling eyes I've ever seen. I sat next to her and arched my back forward so I can make my self smaller.
"Please tell me"
"Well...I'm just scared of losing Marco. I know it's a stupid thing to cry about"
"No it's fine (Y/N)"
"But, you know sometimes he can go a tiny bit far in training. I just don't want him to get hurt"
"You know Marco worries about you to. Especially when near Jean. He thinks that you get uncomfortable around him"
"Oh"
At least (Y/N) has stopped crying now. I began a conversation about what (Y/N) like the most
"So why do you like them (Y/N)?"
"I donno, they are just cute you know"
"Hey brats"
Both of us turned around to find Captain Levi standing behind us.
"Oh sorry sir I didn't m-"
"Tch, what doing on here"
"I was just comforting (Y/N) sir but it's ok now"
"I suggest that you two get back inside immediately"
I quickly pulled (Y/N) on her feet and we walked back inside. Marco quickly run up to (Y/N) and asked if everything was alright.

Time skip
Levi's POV
Finally all the cadets are in their dorm rooms getting ready for choosing their sections later and the mess hall is just disgusting.
"So Levi"
Ugh Erwin and his fat eyebrows again
"What is it"
"Any cadets catch your eye?"
"A few but the ones that stood out the most was (Y/N), Marco, Eren, Mikasa and Armin"
"Right"
I'm not gonna lie but (Y/N) was the most fascinating and the cutest I definitely want her in my squad but I need the boy, Marco, otherwise she would die of sadness. Her personality is outstanding and I'm yet to see her skills. Her (H/L)(H/C) hair complimenting her body shape as it wraps around her shoulders and her small uniform showing off her curves and I lost my train of thought. I have one idea and that is to offer her and her mates a place in the squad so I can get a chance to get close to her.

Time skip
Reader's POV
"CADETS...CHOOSE CAREFULLY, THERE ARE THREE REGIMENTS THAT YOU WOULD BE CHOOSING. IF YOU ARE CHOOSING THE SCOUT REGIMENT THEN STAY IN RANK"
As soon as those words were said, a ton of cadet turned away from their ranks and headed for the exit. I didn't blame them. It's like staying here, your just asking to die. I could see Marco standing perfectly still with no hesitation. I have to stay put if I want to be with Marco. After a while it was just me, Marco, Jean, Eren, Mikasa, Armin, Bertholdt, Reiner, Sasha, Connie, Ymir and Christa left.
I was shaking, making sure that Marco was ok.
"ALL OF YOU HAVE CHOSEN TO STAYIN THE SCOUTS. GET READY TO OFFER YOUR HEARTS TO THE GREATER CAUSE!"

Time skip
We packed all our belongings to get ready to move to the new camp. I didn't have a lot of things to pack so I was the first one out. I wondered around to find Marco until I bumped into captain Levi
"Oh I'm sorry sir"
"It's fine. I just need to offer you something"
"Yes sir?"
"I'm offering you and Marco a place in our elite squadron"
"Really sir. Of course"
"Great I'm going to find Marco and tell him just wait here and we'll leave soon".
Is it me or does the captain look quite cute. He perfect blue-grey eyes are amazing and he looks so strong....