Chapter 9: Move Out!

The weeks flew by quickly and it was final checks before they set off. They said that other Scout squads would join the expedition. The estimated death toll was to be 300 out of 1000 people.

Levi's POV:
I was helping (Y/N) with her horse whilst equipment was being packed onto the wagons. (Y/N)'s face was very straight today, probably worried about Marco.
"(Y/N), you alright?"
"I don't know Levi"
"You scared?"
"I guess so"
The stirrups of the saddle were finally set and we led the horse out to the front.
"I want to find Marco"
"Ok, don't be long"
"I won't be"
(Y/N) walked off into the distance as I stayed with both our horses.

Reader's POV:
I walked up to Marco as he was leading his horse out and held his free hand. He looked back to me and a small smile appeared on his face.
"I heard that you are now on the front line."
"Yeah, promise me one thing"
"What is it (Y/N)?"
"That you don't do something stupid and get hurt"
Marco looked as me a surprise and soon went back to smiling.
"BODT ITS TIME TO GET IN FORMATION!"
I turned to see the commanding officer for his section.
"Good bye Marco"
"Bye (Y/N)"
I hugged Marco as tightly as possible, letting a tear roll down my cheek on to his shoulder. Marco started to cry aloud and said some words I would never forget.
"Don't leave me"
I stroked his head and pulled apart from the hug but still held is arms. I wiped the tears off of his face and patted his head gently.
"Now Marco, be good ok and look after your self"
Marco nodded as he continued to cry. I took off a necklace that my mother gave to me and placed it around Marco's neck.
"Now go"
Marco gave me one last hug and he started to walk away with his horse. He looked back a couple of times but I stared at him, waving my hand. Images came flooding back at me when we were together after he saved me.

 Images came flooding back at me when we were together after he saved me

I walked back to my section where I met back up with Levi

I walked back to my section where I met back up with Levi. I hugged him and cried on his shoulder. He rubbed my back and told me everything was going to be alright.
"You two, it's time to go!"
Erwin was walking towards us with his white horse by his side.
"We line up at the gate at 1200 hours"
"Yes sir"
I jumped up onto my horse and made my way to the town. Levi followed quietly behind me. Citizens were watching us as we all waited for the gate to open.
"Levi"
"Yes?"
"Will we see a lot of titans?"
"Hopefully not, anyway the plan is to move mostly in the dark as their energy decreases then."
"Oh ok"
"You will be fine (Y/N), as long as you don't look back"
I looked round the crowd of scouts to find Marco. I caught a glimpse of his face at the far back but I couldn't tell clearly as he was so far away.
"(Y/N)! Forward"
I had already forgotten what Levi said when I was looking for Marco. Suddenly the gate started to open and the citizens stared to cheer for us
"SCOUT CORE, ADVANCE!"
We all galloped away and through the gate and I continued to look forward. Levi stuck beside me as we rode through the gates. The air was different out here. It was lighter and easier to breathe in. Titans were scattered around the place in the distance so I didn't bother me as much.
"(Y/N), feeling alright?"
"Oh yeah Levi".
A few minutes later the corps separated into their sections us at the front line advanced forward towards the forest. Everyone else was to wait around the border of the forest.

Levi's POV:
We rode another hour until we were deep in the woods. We stationed our horses at the bases of trees that we were staying on. It was starting to get dark and me and (Y/N) were resting at the top branches of a tree which was well out of any reach of any titans. (Y/N) was resting her head on my lap and was gently sleeping away. Some other Scouts were sleeping as well with other people staying on guard. (Y/N)'s soft and fragile body was slowly rising and falling.
"Levi..."
"Yes (Y/N)"
"Aren't you going to go sleep?"
"I'm just keeping watch of everything"
"Please just rest"
Uri pushed me down and led beside me, snaking her arms around my shoulders.
"Please get rest Levi"
"Fine"
(Y/N) instantly went back to sleep. My eyes were becoming more and more heavier by the second.
(Y/N), the way you manage to rule over me is amazing. I love it when your around me, especially touching me. You've taught me how to love and care for other people and have alway kept me safe...