Chapter 8: Clean Kisses

Levi's POV:
I woke up instantly feeling the impact of the massive migraine from yesterday's drunk session. (Y/N) was sleeping beside me once again and the time read 4:30am in the morning. I positioned my self behind (Y/N) and wrapped my arms around her small built body. She slowly turned to face me with her small tired eyes and her weak smile. I stroked her cheek as she rubbed my shoulders and nuzzled her face into my chest. It was one day closer to the expedition and I want to make sure (Y/N) was with me all the way.
"What time is it Levi?"
"It's early so you can still rest"
She wrapped her arms around my neck and leaned in for a kiss. She softly kissed my lips a few times before resting her head back down. I rubbed (Y/N)'s bare back as she slowly went back to sleep, my lips resting on her forehead. I couldn't stop thinking about all things we've been through and how I wanted this battle to end against the titans so we can live normal lives.

Time skip-
Reader's POV
The plans were set for today. We were to make sure everything was clean around the building. Me and Levi were focused on our room together and started chatting about our future together.
"So after this Levi, what will happen?"
"Well hopefully we will get to do more things together and maybe thinking about future family plans"
"Haha sounds neat Levi"
Levi was overprotective but I loved it. He wouldn't let any other man touch me without his consent, especially Jeager.
I was dusting the lamps and desk when Levi came in and stood behind me. He planted soft kisses on my neck and my cheeks turned into a sweet pink colour.
"Levi"
"Yes.....(Y/N)?"
"I think you should be doing something instead of kissing me."
"But I get bored easily and I want to be with you more."
His grip tightened around my waist with his chin planted onto my shoulder. He was standing behind me as I continued to wipe down the tables clean.
"Has Erwin issued a kit check list yet?"
"Yeah he has"
"Ok, we should think about packing seeming it's a week long expedition in Titan territory"
He released me from his grip and sighed, crossing his arm.
"Yeah I guess your right"
"You see Levi, I'm always right"
"Hah"
I finished wiping down the table and I took out my 50L Bergen from the corner of the room.
"Pass me the list please"
Levi handed me the piece of paper that was on his desk and took out his secret notepad that he never lets me see. I scanned through the list to make sure I got everything
•scout regiment jacket
•belts & buckles
•spare buckles
•water bottle
•ration packs
•spare blades
•spare ODM wires & spears
•spare gas canisters
•civilian clothes
•Jacket
•capes
•boots
•scarf
•gloves
•first aid kid
•pocket knife
•wash kit
•Icepick
"Hey Levi"
"Yeah?"
"Why do we need an Icepick?"
"You know, I will be cold so we might need them when traversing tough land"
"Alright then"
"Have you got any aspirin for my head ache?"
"You mean from the drunk fest you had yesterday"
"Yeah what ever"
I gave Levi an aspirin tablet from a drawer and he quickly took it. Three knocks came from the door and It slowly opened. Marco's child-like face appeared with a smile.
"It lunch time guys"
"Alright Marco......GOOD BOY!"
"Levi, stop it silly"
Levi has grown more fond of Marco now and acts like his dad. We both made our way to the mess hall to join everyone else for lunch. We sat on a separate table from everyone else, next to each other. I held Levi's hand under the table and stared off into the distance. My memories of the past came flooding back to me. I still couldn't get the image of my parents out of my head still.
"(Y/N)?"
"Huh... yeah?"
"You alright?"
"Oh, yeah Levi"
Erwin sat opposite us with some papers and documents and laid them in front of us. It was the formation plan for the expedition.
"I have some bad news"
"What is it?"
"You two have been moved to the front line as we lack skilled scouts"
"Will Marco stay at the middle back?"
"Don't worry (Y/N), he will"
I sighed in relief and disappointment. It might be the last few weeks I get to spent with my Marco but I'm happy that he would be safe. Erwin got back up and left us. Levi was looking at me with worry in his eyes as I stared off blankly back at the wall. I began to think of that moment when Marco saved me. I felt Levi's hand wrap around me as he continued to look at me.
"Don't worry (Y/N), I'll keep you safe all the way. It's best to forget about it for now until then"