Chapter 4: Hidden care

Reader's POV:
When everyone finished their breakfast we were all instructed to head out side into the courtyard. I couldn't help but stare at the spot that me and Levi sat by and I didn't have the guts to tell Marco yet about what happened. Commander Erwin was at the front of everyone facing us.
"Today might be a bit boring but it has to be done, the building is in need of maintenance and cleaning so Levi will divide you all up into sections"
I sighed in disappointment as we were stuck we cleaning duties all day. Everyone was sectioned off into their groups but I was left to help with Levi. We both walked in and up the stairs to the top floor in silence as I was embarrassed and nervous.
"I need some help with my room and right now I'm the only one I can trust, you think you're capable enough?"
"Yes sir"
"Good and next time call me Levi"
"Yes s- Levi"
We entered the room that divided into two. One study room and a bed room.
"I'll clean up in here and you get my study"
I walked into his study room which had massive book cases, a desk and some couches. I started to dust down the place making sure that all surfaces are clear of dust. Suddenly a crack of lightning lighted up the sky outside and it began to rain.
"Bad isn't it (Y/N)?"
"Yeah!"
The rain began to pick up a bit more as more thunder and lightning appeared. I enjoyed the sounds as it kept me calm as I cleaned around the place. I also enjoyed the fact that they are only a few people staying here. I polished the chair handles and dusted the books off one by one. Levi came into the study and sat on the chair by the desk.
"I thought that you were cleaning your room"
"Tch I finished"
He sat and watched me as I dusted the shelves of the bookcase occasionally looking at him to see what he was doing. I saw him writing in a small black book but I don't know.

Levi's POV:
I took out my diary and jotted down the thought that were going through my head.
'Right now the girl of my dreams is cleaning my room. I'm sitting by my desk just watching her. I also kissed her today and I could tell that she was embarrassed. She was questioning me about it at breakfast but I didn't answer properly because I want her to find out for herself. After this I hope she feels the same way for me.'
I placed my note book onto the desk and got up from my seat.

Reader's POV:
Levi got up from his chair and slowly walked up to me. I quickly turned around and he pinned my arms either side of my head. I started to get nervous as he stares into my eyes intensely looking like he was lost.
"L-Levi what are you doing?"
"I couldn't help notice how you've missed a spot on the shelf"
You're kidding me. This guy is a clean freak. Levi released his grip and turn around.
"Haha Levi"
"Hurry we haven't got all day to clean"
I turned be to cleaning the self behind me, making sure I got the spot the I missed for Levi's sake. He sat back down in his seat and carried on watching me as I made my way across the room, cleaning every corner. The rain became more and more intense as the minutes passed by. I thought about my past and how I've gotten to this stage.
"I've finished"
"Good, just wait here, I'm going to get some tea. Want a cup?"
"I'm ok"

Time skip
We all stood at the entrance of a big forest with Commander Erwin in front of us.
"For the rest of the day you will be training on how to traverse through dense forests. Any question?"
"NO SIR"
With a push of a trigger everyone blasted forward, flying into the woods at full speed. I was paired with Marco and it was the first pair through the woods wins. Me and Marco were determined to win together as we believed that we were the best.
"HEY (Y/N), YOU'RE HAIR LOOKS COOL IN THE WIND"
"THANKS MARCO, KEEP LOOKING FORWARD!"
"I saw the trees shoot past me as we flew our way through the trees.

Levi's POV:
I was behind (Y/N) and Marco, watching them as they flew. Why didn't I tell her my feeling back then. Something was restraining me from doing so. I've got to do it today.
"(Y/N)!!"
I quickly looked up to see Marco perching on a branch and looking downwards. I saw (Y/N) fall out of the air and hit the floor. I stopped on a tree trunk and watch (Y/N) as she lay lifelessly on the grown below.
"(Y/N)!"
Marco dived down a swooped by her side quickly and attempted to wake her up.
"Wake up, WAKE UP!"
"Stand back Marco"
I walked up to him and he looked at me. He was crying over her. I observed her body and she had bruises on he face. Her wrist seem abnormally broken as well.
"Marco, help me lift her on my back"
He lifted (Y/N) up and onto my back and we flew back to the squadron HQ. I just hope she is ok. We rushed her inside of the building where Hanji rushed beside us and into a room  where (Y/N) was placed in a bed.
"Marco please stand outside"
Marco hesitated and left the room.
"Is it serious Hanji?"
"It's not bad. Suffering from bruises and a broken wrist maybe a broken leg as well"
"Tch, brat needs to be more careful"
"C'mon Levi no need to be moody"
She's right how could I be moody at her.
"Go and calm Marco for a bit. I'll sit here for a bit"
"Sure thing Levi"
Hanji left and I was alone with (Y/N) again
"(Y/N), (Y/N) what were you doing?"
I stood by the window and looked into the distance. The rain was still pouring down and (Y/N) was stuck in my head

 The rain was still pouring down and (Y/N) was stuck in my head