Chapter 7: Drunken Captain

Levi's POV:
I woke up next to (Y/N) again but this time I couldn't really remember what happened last night. I turned toward (Y/N) who was still asleep next to me and kissed her on the forehead to wake her up.
"Time to get up"
"What time is it?"
"It's 5:30am (Y/N)"
"Aww can't we stay in for another ten minutes?"
"Fine but for only ten minutes"
(Y/N) was quick to fall back asleep and I went back to my pondering.

~one month later~
"Alright squad today we start preparing for the upcoming expedition in three weeks time, we cannot slack!"
"YES SIR!"

Reader's POV
"Hey Marco, you alright? You seem a bit worried"
"Yeah"
"What's the matter?"
"I'm a bit scared like, what if you get injured or something"
"Marco you don't have to worry about me please. Anyway, Commander Erwin have put you in my squad so you can stay with me"
"I'm so glad"
"Anyway, you should be off to you lessons now"
"Yes captain"
Marco ran off down into the corridor and out of sight. I was now an assistant Captain along side Levi. Me and Levi have gotten more and more closer together over the past month and I also accidentally walked in the bathroom whilst he was in the shower last night but it wasn't awkward afterwards.
"Levi, you ok?"
"Yes I'm fine sweet"
"Sorry about walking in the bathroom"
"You don't have to keep apologising (Y/N)"
"Oh right"
Levi stared at me with his classic moodiness.
"Are you scared?"
"What do you mean by that Levi?"
"I mean are you scare about the expedition?"
"A bit"
"Sit here then"
I entered the library that Levi was sitting in and sat next to him. He placed his left hand over mine and his right to the side of my head, pushing me until I was resting on his collar bone.
"There is no need to worry (Y/N), I'll keep you with me the whole time. I'll make sure you're safe with me and don't worry I'll keep an eye on Marco"
His reassuring words made me so relaxed.
"Thank you Levi"
"No need to (Y/N).
He released me from his hug and crossed his arms tightly.

"But doesn't it seem like you're doing all the work, I want to help you as well""Tch are you that stupid (Y/N), I want to look after you because I love you too much to see you get hurt ok

"Tch are you that stupid (Y/N), I want to look after you because I love you too much to see you get hurt ok. I don't even want one graze on you"
I felt hurt but I felt happy that he cared. I looked down at my feet and played with my nails.
"I'm sorry I shouldn't of called you that"
"No it's fine"
He took my hand a held it tight as he softly kissed my cheek.
"Thank you for putting up with me (Y/N). Now I want you to inspect all the scouts, ok?"
"Hah yes sir"
I walked around the site as Scouts ran around packing things together. I was inspecting them carefully until my focus was broken when Eren Jeager bumped into me. I fell and landed on my arm, grazing it a bit.
"Oh my gosh, I'm sorry captain, I wasn't watching where I was going"
"It's fine"
He helped me up and I brushed off the dirt from my clothes.

Levi's POV
I'm absolutely terrified about losing (Y/N). I always pretend that I'm not scared or anything but she can't die. I made my way to the bar cabinets and took a bottle of whiskey. I popped the cork open and instantly drank from it. I had more in the room hidden away because (Y/N) would kill me if she found out. I slumped down and sat on the floor as I continued to drink.
"God damn it (Y/N). Why do you have to be so perfect all the time."
I start to get more and more dizzy every time i drank from the bottle and the feelings for (Y/N) grew stronger and stronger.
"Nghhhhhh, (Y/NNNNNNNNNNNN)!"
I stumbled onto my feet and swayed my way through the corridor in search for my love, still heavily 'dizzy'.
"(Y/N)......(Y/NN).......(Y/NNNNNNN)!!"

Reader's POV
I heard Levi call my name from upstairs so I ran up quickly to see him stumbling down towards.
"Levi are you ok?"
I ran up to him and quickly held him under his arms to support him before he fell. Suddenly I noticed to bottle of whisky that he had in his hand.
"Levi....have you been drinking?"
"....no"
I got angry quickly and snatched the bottle away from him.
"Then what's this then?!"
"A bottle"
"LEVI"
"Listen, (Y/N), it was just one drink"
"Yeah, one bottle"
"Why are you so bossy?"
"Me bossy Levi, you're drunk"
After that Levi mumbled some words at me and stumbled onto his feet.
"Levi please stop"
"But-"
"Please let me help you. Come"
I grabbed Levi's arm and placed it around my neck to help him back to our room.
"Sorry (Y/N), I was not thinking properly"
"Don't worry Levi, we'll talk about it when we get into the room, ok?"
"Yeah"
We both walked down the hallway with Levi leaning on my shoulder. When we reached the room I placed him on the bed and sat next to him.
"Why were you drinking?"
"I donno, I just wanted to get rid of the feeling of losing you"
"But why wouldn't you say that before?"
"I just wanted to look manly"
I hugged Levi tightly and I could smell the whiskey in his breath but I couldn't care less...