Chapter 5: By your side

You woke up to see Levi standing by the window, looking out into the distance. You attempted to move in the bed that you were in, causing Levi to look at you.
"Ah (Y/N), you're awake finally"
"W-what happened?"
"Well you hit one of the massive branches and fell"
"Oh"

Reader's POV:
Levi walked up to me and sat next to me on the bed. He leaned over me with one arm on the other side of me. I could see the detail in his eyes as he stared back at me.
"What are you doing Levi?"
"I'll tell you why I kissed you"
"..."
"Tch, I did it because I love you ok"
I froze in shock. How could he like someone like me. He replaced his casual frown into a smile and placed his hand on my cheek.
I smiled back and placed my hand over his.
"D-do you feel the same way?"
"Yes Levi"
Suddenly Hanji burst through the door and started screaming.
"YAY LEVI, YOU CONFESSED!"
"Leave us alone!"
"ACKERMAN BABIES!"
"BUGGER OFF HANJI!"
Levi got up and chased her out of the room with my jacket, whipping it round at her. I laughed as Levi came strolling back acting all strong.
"So Levi, when is the next expedition"
"It's in two months from now, if think you'll heel in time"

Time skip~ a week
"You alright Marco?"
"Yeah, how your wrist (Y/N)?"
"Alright, have you seen captain Levi?"
"He's in his office, how's the relationship anyway"
I had told Marco the day after I was injured and luckily he was ok with it. Jean was a bit jealous though after he heard about me and Levi being together.
"It's alright"
I left the lounge room and ran up to Levi's office. Without knocking I open the door and closed it behind myself.
"Feeling alright Levi"
"Yeah"
Levi was jotting down in his little book again.
"So what you writing?"
"Stuff, anyway I thought you were in bed"
"You know me Levi, I can't sleep when there is a storm"
Levi stopped writing and looked through the window watching as the rain drops slid down the window.
"Tch I didn't even realise. What do you want me to do"
I replaced my normal face with my puppy eyes and stared at Levi.
"Can I stay with you?"
"..."
"Please"
I battered my eyelashes and curled up into a small ball on the floor whilst spinning around.
"Ugh! Fine get changed"
"Yay"
I ran out of Levi's room and changed into my pyjamas. I said my 'good nights' to everyone and made my way back to Levi's room. When I entered, Levi was in his study room so I climbed into his bed and pulled the covers over my head. It had the scent of Levi written all over it like he would wrap himself in his blanket all the time. A crack of thunder appeared outside and I got out of bed, running to Levi.
"What's wrong"
"Lightning"
Levi was already changed so he walked to his bedroom with me clinging onto his leg.
"Get in"
I got up and sat on the bed whilst Levi climbed in next to me.
"Get some rest (Y/N)"
I led down next to Levi as he place an arm around me. I stuck my face in his side and closed my eyes, waiting for that moment to fall asleep.

Levi's POV:
(Y/N) was finally asleep next to me. It's been a week since we got together and Hanji is just annoying mentioning how (Y/N) should have kids with me which is not that bad thinking about it. Only if she would agree to bare my children but it would have to be after the upcoming expedition. Maybe we could just try it just to see...- no I shouldn't think of it to much anyway. I should get some rest to. I don't wanna be half asleep the next day.

I woke up to find (Y/N) still asleep beside me. I checked the time and it read 5:00 in the morning. We had two more hours of sleep left. There was a knock on the door and without permission, Erwin peered around the door.
"What is it?"
"We've got to set up early today. Be ready in 30 minutes"
With that Erwin left and I sat up. I hovered over (Y/N) and kissed her lips as she continued to sleep peacefully. I grabbed my uniform and slipped it on me. I tightened the buckles as I was watch (Y/N).
"I promise you that I will be by your side forever"
I thought about the upcoming expedition and what would happen to her if I wasn't around. I left the room and made my way to the meeting room. Erwin, Hanji and Miche were already waiting for me.
"So Levi, done anything to (Y/N) last night?"
"What do you mean Hanji?"
"Er you know, nudge, nugde, wink, wink"
"NO! And who says 'nudge, nudge, wink, wink"
"Hanji, that's enough. Now today's training will be combat training..."
I couldn't stop thinking about what Hanji said, it was driving me insane. One thing for sure is that (Y/N) will not be paired with any of the other pigs in her squad. I don't want her getting hurt again.
After the debriefing I ran back to my room to find (Y/N) still asleep. I sat by her on the bed and waited for her to wake up...