Chapter 10: Song of Sleep

It was the last day of the expedition and there have been no sightings of any titans in the woods. A runner told me that Marco was still safe. There have been a few casualties on the defence team but less than we thought. The total number of casualties: 45

Reader's POV:
"EVERYONE UP, TITANS APPROACHING NORTH"
I sprung up from the sudden disturbance. 'Titan from the north, at least Marco is still safe'. Levi was getting ready to set off, arming himself with his blades and helping me up.
"(Y/N), stay behind me. Last thing I want is for you to get hurt"
"But Levi-"
"Don't worry, I've done this countless times."
Levi was back to his over protective self, looking all around for danger. Suddenly a bunch of titans came charging at us.
"ENGAGE!"
Erwin commanded the section to advance and charge at the titans. Levi was in front of me as everyone charged at the horde. I could see that we were passing smaller titans underneath us as we advance towards the larger ones.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I woke up in bed next to Levi. I couldn't tell what the time was but the sun was shining brightly and the windows were open with the curtains gently flowing. I was to tired to consider sitting upwards so I faced Levi who was still sleeping next to me.

 I was to tired to consider sitting upwards so I faced Levi who was still sleeping next to me

It was rare to find Levi sleeping like this. I placed a hand over his cheek and pulled myself closer towards him. I saw his eyes slowly open and a smile appeared

"Oh hello (Y/N)""Levi"Levi sat up in bed and stretched

"Oh hello (Y/N)"
"Levi"
Levi sat up in bed and stretched. He looked at me and offered a hand up and I gladly took it. We both got up and Levi grabbed a pair of casual clothes.
"Wait, Levi shouldn't we be in uniform"
"You will see"
Levi seemed happier than usual. I put on my (F/C) checkered flannel and some shorts on. Levi told me not to bother putting on shoes. We left the room and everything was quiet. The was no Hanji screaming down the hall way, no Marco greeting me in the morning, No Eren bumping into me, No Bertholdt, No Reiner. What's happening. We headed outside of the HQ and into the fields. It was filled with flowers and butterflies. It was like a dream. Levi grabbed both of my hands and began to spin me around as the petals floated away. Levi was laughing with joy. I've never seen him like this before. He released my hands and I fell to the ground. Levi soon kneeled down beside me and placed a hand on my knee.
"I want you to stay with me forever (Y/N)"
"I will"
"Come follow me (Y/N)"
We walked forward until the sun was about to set in the ocean of orange above us.

 "I want you to stay with me forever (Y/N)""I will""Come follow me (Y/N)"We walked forward until the sun was about to set in the ocean of orange above us

Levi soon stopped by a tree in the middle of nowhere. He sat by it an patted the grass in front of him, signalling for me to sit. I sat in front of him as he asked and leaned against him.
"You know you mean so much to me (Y/N)"
"I do?"
"Yes, you have save my life countless times in the past. I want to return the favour."
"But when have I saved your life?"
"Don't worry about it, right now you should be relaxing whilst I return the favour."
He unbuttoned my top button and stretched the collar to my shoulder exposing my neck and collar bone. He lifted a knee up so I can rest to one side on his leg. He planted gentle kisses up and down my exposed shoulder and would tell me how much he loved me every time he did so.
He soon flipped me over so I was lying on my back in the grass and continued to kiss me soon picking up the intensity.
"Levi, don't be so rough"
"Shhh"
Levi continued to kiss me as he unbuttoned the second button exposing more of my skin. He loosened my strap and smiled.
"You know it's not health to have you bra straps so tight."
I blushed a little as he hovered over my, smiling gently. He continued to kiss my shoulders until my flannel was off. He had taken his shirts off as well and pulled me into a tight hug.
"I love you (Y/N)"
"I love you too Levi"
Levi was making a flower crown and placed it on top of my head. I was still nervous about how I had no shirt on but it was only Levi with me.
"(Y/N)"
He was staring into my eyes intensely so I knew he was serious.
"Yes Levi?"
"I need you to do something for me"
"What is it Levi?"
"I need you to wake up for me please. Wake up (Y/N) please"
Levi's face started to turn serious and scratches and blood started to appear on his face.
"Wake up (Y/N), Wake up!, WAKE UP!"
I took a massive deep breath in and saw Levi hovering over me. We were in a cart being pulled by a horse. Marco was riding beside it with a worried look and Erwin was beside Levi.
"I'm so glad you're awake (Y/N)"
"What happened Levi?"
I tried sitting up but I instantly fell into immense pain.
"Ahhh ugh ah!"
"Don't move (Y/N)!"
Tears rolled down my eyes as the pain continued to increase. Levi held onto my hand and squeezed it whilst kissing it. Every time the cart rode over a stone it jolted me causing more pain. Levi had my head resting on his lap.
"My leg.... It hurts Levi. Is it broken?"
Levi's eyes were shocked and it seemed like he couldn't even speak. Erwin started to speak for him.
"I'm guessing you don't remember this but, during the charge an abnormal managed to get your leg. Luckily you managed to fall onto a near tree branch but your left leg is no more".
I stared at the sky as Levi held onto my hand, whimpering to himself.
"My left leg I gone?"
"I'm afraid so"
I sat up slowly and saw a Scout's jacket tied around my thigh with the rest of my leg missing. Levi grabbed my head and turned it away from the life changing disaster.
"I'm so sorry (Y/N), it just wouldn't let go of you"
I was frozen unable to think anymore.....