Chapter 11: Lindow time

A/N: Don't you think they've been so emotional only in Eric's death? What more if Lindow, right? Feels over 9000.

It's been a week of their mourning, the days of grieving came to an end and all became normal once again. The Director summoned Lindow the first unit's leader for a certain mission. Lindow proceeded to the Director's office after he knew he was called, the Director was resting on his seat as his usual stance and where he rest his face on his wicked palms. For evil lies within him , his wicked thoughts and cruel plans will only bring sadness upon the whole den again and one person will be blamed unfortunately again. This Director Johannes Schicksal might look kind and sweet in his words but deep within he is a man full of evil. And the people around him will know soon...

"There you are." The usual low voice of an old man goes through his ears "I summoned you here because I... have a mission only you and that new-type girl Alisa must do." Lindow was listening and intended not to bother talking. "You two must stroll and find something in the Old City, there are reports that a very rare Aragami is sighted there." In the thoughts of the lad: why only me and Alisa? This man really is fishy. Though it bothers him, he didn't followed his instincts and replied with an "Understood!". The Director smiles as he heard that usual "Understood" of the young leader he wanted to kill because Lindow knew what that Aegis Project really is.

He left after filing a mission and calling Alisa to come, Alisa was in her room that time and she hurried going to the lobby. "Sorry but the Director wants you to come with me on this mission." The girl was confused "why me?" "Heh bear it for a while, the Director might be planning something." He scoffed which annoyed the girl, grabbing a cigarette stick from his pocket and grabbing a lighter, he exhaled smoke. "Can't you control your smoking? You really do that often." "It's relaxing." Alisa frowned "It's bad for your health and what's more if someone inhaled that they'll be in bad health too because of second hand smoking." Lindow chuckled and finds a trash can. He found one and threw his cigarette. "Why don't we go now? By the way where's the others?" "They're on a different mission." Lindow looked bothered which made Alisa worried a bit "Why? Is there something wrong?" "Actually yes, the Director really smells fishy." Alisa chuckled, they proceeded on the mission and ride the Helicopter. It deployed them in the Old City, dropping them on the drop point.

"Stay behind me, okay?" Lindow said to her. "Okay, I'll keep you covered" said by the girl as she smile

They stroll around until they bumped onto familiar people, their own teammates

"Why're you here? Lindow, Alisa?" Someone asked, he was confused as his cheery tune was gone. "Why would they send two teams? I mean, you should be in a different mission!" A girl in a black and green clothe asked, confused as well as the air was filled with tension and confusion.

"Worry about that later, let's just stroll around. It is said a rare Aragami was here." So they just calmed themselves and proceeded to do what they were asked for. First checking inside the church "Me and Alisa are going to check what's inside. You guys guard here outside, got that?" Lindow commanded which no one objected. They proceeded with caution, although at first it was empty but later on they heard a roar, and a monster jumped right in front of the two. "Alisa! Keep me covered from the rear!" It attacked Lindow, he dodged it but the Aragami attacked again faster, Lindow was thrown back the knockback was strong. Alisa was just standing there, trembling as her past reopens and the wound grew big again. She was saying something weird like "Ajin...duva touri" "Alisa!! What's wrong?!" Alisa tried to point her gun on her own comrade like in a trance, only to add in the confusion. Lindow kept fighting the Aragami while Alisa tries to fight a certain hypnotism, by pushing herself and pointing the gun upwards shooting the pillar that supports the church in exchange for not shooting Lindow, but he was trapped with a dangerous Aragami inside.

***

"What did you do, Alisa?" Asked by the girl in black and green named Sakuya, Alisa can't utter words clearly and she was still trembling because of what she did "Daddy... Mommy I-I ...didn't do it!" Sakuya tries to fire the stone rubbles but it was useless. A boy tried to approach them, he has light brown hair and he was Yuu. "Alisa! hold yourself together..." Alisa looked at him, she can't speak anymore because she remembered something terrible. He carried her on his back, Lindow from the other side talked, "Go without me that's an order!" Sakuya objected "No! You should come with us!" Lindow replied "I'd like to but I'll mess with these guys first, just save some rationed beer, okay?" "NO!" Sakuya objected again, a boy with a tanned skin and black hair approached her and pulled her "miss Sakuya, let's go..." "No Lenka! Lindow's still there!" Lenka gave a warm smile which convinced her to go, tears fall from her eyes and drips on her cheeks "Lindow, don't die!" Monsters of the own kind as what Lindow fought was outside too trying to ambush them. "Soma! Find a way out here and Sakuya, bring home everyone! I won't die you know it" while Soma, Kouta and Lenka keeps them covered from the rear Sakuya and Yuu rans whilst carrying Alisa. They returned safe but not Lindow. Those Aragami might be feasting on his body now or his God Arc feasts on their cores. No one knows what happened to him.

They returned with sadness on their face losing someone as Lindow, someone who supported them and cares for them, their leader. Once again it'll keep them sad and full of pain, losing such a comrade after a week of mourning for one.

***