Episode 2 - The Start of Something New

Author's Note: Riverdale, it's plot, cast and characters do not belong to me. Only Diana and Daniel Kennedy do. Everyone is 16 and starting their Junior year in this story.

PS. Please fave and/or review each chapter. Positive feedback and suggestions and ideas are always welcome.

------------------------------

I think many of us, maybe the entire town, had been hoping against hope that somehow Jason Blossom hadn't drowned on July 4th. That we'd come to school Monday morning, and there Jason would be. Or that we'd see him and Cheryl in a booth at Pop's/

But that was before the undeniable, irrevocable fact of his bloated, water-logged body, a corpse with a bullet hole in its forehead, and terrible secrets that could only be revealed by the cold, steel blade of a coroner's autopsy scalpel, or the telltale beating of a guilty heart.

------------------------------

--------- TIMESKIP (SUNDAY EVENING || ANDREWS RESIDENCE) ----------

Archie rolled around in his bed, trying desperately to get some sleep, but to no avail. He picked up his phone and tried to text Betty, hoping that somehow, she would talk to him even though he broke her heart the day before. But, that wasn't the case. So, he decided to sneak out and visit the one person who's been on his mind since they found Jason's body. Diana.

He jogged his way to Evergreen Manor and snuck in the way he used to when he would go for late night visits and avoid the tight security of the Estate. He climbed up a rose trellis that was against a wall and beside a balcony. He then grabbed the balcony and hoisted himself upwards before cautiously entering the lighted bedroom.

"Andrews? What are you doing here?" It was Daniel who spoke up.

He was cuddled up with Diana who was also awake on her bed.

"Well, I was worried about Di. And I wanted to see how you were doing after the whole body finding incident." Archie confessed as he sat down on the edge of her bed.

"I'm fine, Arch. Thank you for the concern, but, you don't need to worry. Come sit." Diana replied as she patted the space on the other side of her and Archie took off his shoes before sitting back against the headboard on the right side of Diana.

"So, will you tell me about this thing that I and the others need to know about?" Archie asked her after a moment of silence.

"I'm not sure you guys will ever wanna talk to me after you find out the truth." Diana expressed as she shifted and cuddled up against Archie who also placed an arm around her.

"Is it that bad?" Archie joked and looked down at Diana who was already staring at him.

She was about to reply when a maid knocked on the door.

"Come in." Daniel said as he sat up and leaned against the headboard instead.

A maid came in and bowed to them before speaking up.

"I'm sorry to disturb you all but, Miss Kennedy, it's time." She informed before leaving.

Diana immediately sat up and started fixing her hair before getting off the bed and heading towards the door with Daniel behind her.

"Well, you wanted to know, right? I guess today is your lucky day." She informed him.

---------- TIMESKIP (HOURS LATER || ANDREWS HOUSEHOLD) ----------

"Morning, Dad." Archie greeted as he stepped into the kitchen that morning.

"Hey, bud. Where'd you sneak off to last night?" His dad asked and Archie looked shocked.