Episode 4 - The Truth Behind Miss Grundy

Author's Note: Riverdale, it's plot, cast and characters do not belong to me. Only Diana and Daniel Kennedy do. Everyone is 16 and starting their Junior year in this story.

PS. Please fave and/or review each chapter. Positive feedback and suggestions and ideas are always welcome.

------------------------------

It's been a week since the discovery of Jason Blossom's body. But his death is not the first, nor would it be the last casualty that the town of Riverdale would suffer.

The Twilight Drive-In where I work, my home away from home, a piece of town history, is closing for good, just when we needed a place to escape to the most.

With Sheriff Keller knocking on every door and neighbor suspecting neighbor, Riverdale, every day that passes, is becoming more like Salem during the witch trials.

And meanwhile, the girl next door, our friendly neighborhood Hitchcock blonde, Betty Cooper, was wrestling with the knowledge that her best friend, Archie Andrews, was caught up in a forbidden romance.

------------------------------  

(WITH BETTY || COOPER RESIDENCE)

Betty was currently writing down her thoughts in her diary.

Dear Diary,

Sheriff Keller doesn't know what I know, that Riverdale High's music teacher, Geraldine Grundy was at Sweetwater River the morning Jason Blossom went missing, and that since Archie was also there, they could have been there together.

After she finished writing her entry, she closed her diary and decided to get ready to meet her friends at Pop Tate's.

---------- TIMESKIP (LATER THAT DAY || POP'S CHOCK'LIT SHOP) ----------

Betty, Jughead, Kevin, Veronica, Daniel and Diana were seated at a booth. Betty was silent, a glass of strawberry milkshake in front of her, Kevin was drinking a cola, Diana was helping herself to a plate of fries while Daniel and Veronica shared a chocolate milkshake. Jughead was ranting about how the town was closing down the drive-in for good.

"The Drive-In closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale. No, forget Riverdale, in the coffin of the American dream. As the godfather of indie cinema, Quentin Tarantino, likes to say..." Jughead expressed but was cut off by Kevin.

"Please, God, no more Quentin Tarantino references." He begged and Diana giggled.

"What? I'm pissed. And not just about losing my job. The Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us. People should be trying to save it." Jughead explained.

"In this age of Netflix and VOD, do people really want to watch a movie in a car? I mean, who even goes there?" Veronica interjected.

"Jason and I loved the Drive-In." Diana countered.

"I did too. It's a one of a kind experience for me." Daniel seconded.

"People who want to buy crack." Kevin stated.

"And cinephiles like Diana and Daniel, and car enthusiasts. Right, Bets?" Jughead asked, finally noticing that their friend hasn't said anything since the beginning of the conversation.

"Totally." Betty finally stated.

"Anyway, it's closing because the town owns it, but didn't invest in it. So, when an anonymous buyer made Mayor McCoy an offer she couldn't refuse..." Jughead revealed.