Episode 8 - Matthew Dylan & Baby Showers

Author's Note: Riverdale, it's plot, cast and characters do not belong to me. Only Diana and Daniel Kennedy do. Everyone is 16 and starting their Junior year in this story.

PS. Please fave and/or review each chapter. Positive feedback and suggestions and ideas are always welcome

------------------------------

The Coopers.

The Stepfords of Riverdale. High school sweethearts who got married and had two beautiful daughters, Polly and Betty...

Until Jason Blossom happened.

And now, we would hear from the person who was closest to him those days leading up to his disappearance. Polly Cooper.

How a casual conversation turned into an epic, forbidden romance. How they broke up but still agreed to remain friends. And how Jason agreed to help Polly, when she found out she was pregnant with Chuck Clayton's kid, make plans to run away and start a new life.

And how their dreams of escape went up in flames.

------------------------------  

Polly, Betty, Veronica, Diana and Sheriff Keller all sat in couches in the living room of the Evergreen Manor. Sheriff Keller was interviewing Polly about Jason and the plan.

"That was the last day you saw him?" Sheriff Keller clarified.

"At Pop's, when he told me the plan, that he was gonna fake his own death, and then we would meet up so he could help me get out of here. But, before that could happen, my mom and dad sent me away." Polly explained.

"One of Jason's teammates said that before he ran away, Jason was dealing drugs." Betty pointed out.

"Making a one-time delivery. He needed... I needed money to get away and start over. He wanted to help me." Polly defended.

"So, Riverdale's star football player becomes a drug mule?" Sheriff Keller asked.

"He went to a bar on the other side of the tracks and made a deal with some biker gang."

"The Serpents?"

"He got an address upstate, where he was supposed to deliver the drugs in exchange for cash." Polly told him.

"The drugs you found in Jason's car that went up in flames." Sheriff Keller said, referring to Betty.

"Okay, Sheriff, I think that's enough for tonight. I think Polly needs her rest." Diana said as she saw Polly get upset.

"I'll be in touch, ladies." Sheriff Keller nodded as he stood up as well.

"Arthur, please show Sheriff Keller out." Diana called and the butler / bodyguard came in and showed the Sheriff out.

"We're gonna get you through this, okay?" Betty reassured her sister and pulled her into a hug.

---------- TIMESKIP (THE NEXT DAY || RIVERDALE HIGH) ----------

The gang was gathered in their usual places in the student lounge.

"Man, we sure do spend time here a lot. Maybe we should make a generous donation to the school and get our own lounge for starters?" Daniel pointed out.

"I would be so down for that." Kevin told him.

"Anyways, Polly's convinced herself that no one wants her baby."

"Yeah and the fault-pointing Blossoms are still after her. No offense, Cheryl." Kevin answered when he remembered that Cheryl had joined them that day.