Episode 12 - The Truth Comes Out

Author's Note: Riverdale, it's plot, cast and characters do not belong to me. Only Diana and Daniel Kennedy do. Everyone is 16 and starting their Junior year in this story.

PS. Please fave and/or review each chapter. Positive feedback and suggestions and ideas are always welcome

-------------------------------

---------- TIMESKIP (NEXT DAY || THE PEMBROOKE) -----------

Jughead went to visit his dad earlier and told the others that his dad really was lying. Daniel and Veronica were talking at The Pembrooke.

"He called Joaquin? Why not Jughead? Or Archie's dad? Or a lawyer?" Ronnie asked Daniel.

"It's weird." Daniel agreed.

"What do the others think?" Ronnie asked.

"Well, they also think it's weird." Daniel answered.

"Joaquin might know if FP was hired to kill Jason, if it was my father... I need to see this through to the end." Ronnie stated.

---------- TIMESKIP (LATER || ANDREWS GARAGE) ----------

Daniel, Diana, Archie, Ronnie and Kevin were there, interrogating Joaquin.

"We know FP used his call from jail to get in touch with you. What did he say?" Archie asked him.

"It was basically just a warning. Said to lay low." Joaquin answered them.

"No one uses their one call to say "lay low."" Ronnie argued.

"Joaquin, do you know something? I'm not talking to you as your boyfriend, I'm talking to you as the Sheriff's son." Kevin pleaded.

"Did FP kill Jason?" Diana's voice was heard and there was silence before Joaquin spoke up.

"Yeah. I mean... I assume."

"Oh, my God." Kevin exclaimed.

"Did you see him pull the trigger?" Ronnie asked.

"No, no. God, no." Joaquin answered.

"Then why do you think he did it?" Daniel asked him.

"On July 11th, I got a phone call in the middle of the night from FP. Said he needed help with some clean-up job at the Whyte Wyrm." Joaquin started.

"What job?" Kevin asked.

"The basement of the Whyte Wyrm is off limits to everyone, but that's where I met FP, and that's where I saw... He'd been shot. I never asked FP if he did it. I just... I mean, I was terrified. I... I just assumed. We stashed the body in the freezer, cleaned up the mess, got rid of any evidence..." Joaquin summarized.

"You are a criminal." Kevin told him angrily.

"Joaquin, FP has done jobs for my dad, Hiram Lodge, in the past. Do you think killing Jason was one of them?" Ronnie questioned.

"There was one time I overheard a conversation between FP and Mustang..."

"Who's Mustang?" Archie asked.

"He's another Serpent. The only other guy who knew about the clean-up. The guy you got into a fight with at the Wyrm. I heard him tell FP something about some rich guy. I don't know who." Joaquin confessed.

"Where is Mustang?" Veronica asked, getting an idea.

"No, no, no, no. You do not want to go see him." Joaquin tried to convince her.