Episode 2 - Friendships Formed

Author's Note: Riverdale, it's plot, cast and characters do not belong to me. Only Diana and Daniel Kennedy do. Everyone is 16 and starting their Junior year in this story.

PS. Please fave and/or review each chapter. Positive feedback and suggestions and ideas are always welcome.

------------------------------

(MEANWHILE WITH CHERYL AND BETTY || COOPER RESIDENCE)

"Your room's so sweet." Cheryl commented as she placed some blush on a brush.

"It's too pink. It doesn't feel right anymore." Betty told her.

"No, I like how girly it is. Mine is, too. You should come over and see it sometime. But, just you, not Veronica. I mean, she must be evil incarnate if even you won't have her as a friend. And on the subject of being friends, Betty, I'm sorry I've been such a witchy-witch to you. After Polly and Jason's epic demise I was angry at everyone. But I took it out on you which was super unfair. Especially since, in a way, it's kinda like we both lost siblings." Cheryl explained.

"How, uh, how is Polly? Is she still in that group home? Do you think she knows what happened to Jason, that he was murdered?" Cheryl rapid-fired questions at Betty.

"I... I'm not sure." Betty said, clearly unsure.

"What do you think went down between them?" Cheryl asked again.

"I don't know."

"What do your parents say? About Jason and Polly?"

"Not a lot."

"Same. I keep thinking that maybe Jason said something to her or she aid something to him. I mean, didn't they have a big break up, or..." Cheryl told her.

"Why are you asking so many questions about Polly?" But Betty was met with silence.

"Cheryl?" Betty asked again when Cheryl didn't answer.

"Because, you dumb cow, someone shot my brother and I think it was your crazy, tweaked-put sister. I mean, it only makes sense, right? He broke up with her cause he didn't feel the same. Maybe she went nuts and just couldn't take that." Cheryl ranted as she turned to face the mirror in Betty's room.

"Get out of my house." Betty warned her quietly.

"Not until you tell me..." Cheryl demanded, turning around but stopped as she saw the expression on Betty's face.

"Cheryl, get the hell out of my house before I kill you." Betty threatened.

(WITH ARCHIE)

Archie was walking a few blocks from home just because his house was out of the way and he didn't wanna bother the Kennedys even though they reassured him, they were happy to drive him to his front door. When he looked at his front porch, he saw Jughead sitting there, looking at him with a serious expression.

"Jug. What's up?" He asked his old friend.

"What's up is I saw you, Archie. In the music room. With Ms. Grundy." Jughead confronted as he stood up and walked closer to Archie.

"Keep your voice down, my dad's inside." Archie warned him.

"I'm trying to help you, dude. I'm trying to be your friend here. Even though we're not anymore." Jughead told him.

"How long? You and Grundy?" He pushed.

"During the summer. But Jug, I swear to you, it was only a 2-time thing." Archie fessed up.