Episode 5 - Goodbyes and New Beginnings

Author's Note: Riverdale, it's plot, cast and characters do not belong to me. Only Diana and Daniel Kennedy do. Everyone is 16 and starting their Junior year in this story.

PS. Please fave and/or review each chapter. Positive feedback and suggestions and ideas are always welcome

------------------------------

---------- TIMESKIP (THE NEXT DAY || RIVERDALE HIGH) ---------

Archie had gotten zero sleep the night before. Too worried thinking about Diana to actually drift off. When he got to school, he expected her to be by her locker which was close to his like she was every morning, but she wasn't. He also wasn't able to review the plays that Coach Clayton wanted him to remember because he was writing music last night and was out of focus this morning so he had to write it down on his wrist before practice. Because he didn't know the entire play by heart, he got his wrist injured. He was currently sitting on a bench in one of the hallways, trying to wrap his wrist by himself. That moment, Diana, Ronnie and a few other cheerleaders were passing by. Ronnie noticed Archie.

"Di, look at your boyfriend. I think he's injured himself. Go help him. I'll see you later." Ronnie told Diana and pushed her in Archie's direction.

Diana rolled her eyes as Ronnie left her before sighing and walking to where Archie sat. He looked up and noticed her, looking sheepish before holding out the bandage roll. Diana set her bag on the chair and sat next to him.

"Isn't this your "playing" hand?" She asked as he nodded.

"Archie. This hand is your instrument. You need to take better care of it. And stop hurting yourself while you're at it." She said as she started wrapping it up gently.

"I'm not." Archie denied.

"You sure?"

"I got slammed because I didn't know the play. I didn't know the play because, like an idiot, instead of memorizing them last night, I was working on my songs with Valerie. And then you came and left abruptly and I didn't even notice that I did anything wrong until Daniel called me. He said I made you cry. God, I'm such an idiot." Archie said as he looked at her, trying to get her to meet his eyes.

"Valerie, huh?" Diana said as she gave him a small smile.

"She was just helping me with songs, Di. You were busy last night because of the Blossoms and I respect that. You know that I-" Archie tried to explain but Diana cut him off.

"No, I should endorse this. You deserve better than me, Arch. I shouldn't be surprised if sooner or later, you realize that." She said with a sad smile as she finished up with his hand.

"Di, please listen to me. I-" Archie tried to say again but Diana cut him off once more.

"Okay. Good as new. But try to take better care of it." She said as she gently ran her fingers over the bandages before she lifted it up and kissed his wrist.

She didn't even let him try to explain as she hurriedly left. Archie sighed deeply and leaned back as he tried to think of a way to tell Diana how he really felt about her.

-----TIMESKIP (NIGHT BEFORE JASON'S MEMORIAL || THORNHILL MANSION) -----

After the tensest dinner ever with the Blossoms, Cheryl and Veronica, Diana and the 2 other girls were currently in Cheryl's bedroom, looking at Jason's old pictures.

"I hope this isn't weird but, Jason was crazy handsome." Ronnie pointed out.

"The handsomest." Diana stated, smiling softly as she looked at one of their photos together.