Episode 6 - Auditions & Polly Cooper

Author's Note: Riverdale, it's plot, cast and characters do not belong to me. Only Diana and Daniel Kennedy do. Everyone is 16 and starting their Junior year in this story.

PS. Please fave and/or review each chapter. Positive feedback and suggestions and ideas are always welcome

------------------------------

Fear.

It's the most basic, the most human emotion.

As kids, we're afraid of everything. The dark... the boogeyman under the bed... And we pray for morning. For the monsters to go away. Though they never do. Not really. Just ask Jason Blossom.

Another fun fact about fear. Sometimes, it grows up with you. Or it curls up inside of you, tightens around your guts.

------------------------------  

---------- TIMESKIP (TALENT SHOW AUDITIONS || RIVERDALE HIGH) ----------

Archie sighed as he read Diana's text about not being able to come on time to watch him audition for the Variety Show. It was his turn and he got up onstage.

"And what will you be singing with?" Kevin asked him as he was in charge of the performances for the show.

"Uh, an original song that I wrote called 'I'll Try'" Archie nervously said.

"Try harder! Maybe try not sucking so much." Reggie called out and the football guys who were with him laughed.

"Take your time, Archie. Though we do have people waiting." Kevin reminded him as he just stood there.

"Oh, my God, what's happening?" Ronnie asked out loud as she had gone to watch and support Archie.

"He's choking." Josie said behind her.

"Archie? Clock's ticking." Kevin told him.

"Excuse me. Sorry, I gotta go." He said as he gave in to the nerves and ran off stage while Reggie and his group cheered.

A little while later

Archie was hiding out by the bleachers when he got a text from Diana.

Fr: Di

I'm free now. Where are u?

He sighed and typed in a reply informing her that he was by the bleachers. A few minutes later, she arrived.

"Sorry, I wasn't able to go, Arch. Since Cheryl's parents made her stop joining the River Vixens, I had to be the one to step up and help come up with routines. How did it go?" Diana asked with a smile as she looked at Archie.

Her face dropped when she saw the expression on his face.

"Not good, I'm guessing. Come here. Wanna talk about it?" She asked him as she sat on the bleacher and made him lay down with his head in her lap. She ran her hands comfortingly through his hair and he closed his eyes and sighed.

"When I was up there, looking out... I don't know, I just froze." He told her.

"That was stage fright, Archie." Diana told him.

"Yeah, but when I'm on the football field, the stands can be packed. And it doesn't affect my game at all." Archie explained.

"Think of it this way, when you're playing football, you're wearing protective padding and a helmet, people can't really see you. When you're on stage and singing, people look at your face, your stature, your emotions and whatever else. Singing makes you feel vulnerable in a way that football doesn't." Diana told him.