8 - you just don't seem to leave my mind

Heather's POV 

Tuesday night, the bar looks dead

Tuesday night, the bar looks dead. The few people around talk and drink, my co-workers walk around, setting empty cups and bottles up from the tables.

I dry some glasses with a cloth, a boring expression tracing my features as my eyes roam around the bar. I turn around and start placing the cups on the shelf under the one where the bottles are set.

"Heather." I hear behind me. The voice too much familiar for I don't recognize it right away.

I turn around, my eyes landing on the last person I want to see right now.

"Hi." I say dryly. "What can I do or you?"

"We need to talk." He says serious, but I just turn my back to him and keep setting the cups just like I was doing before he interrupted me.

If he didn't come here to drink, he can stop wasting my time.

"There's nothing to talk about." I say casually.

"Yes, there is." He says but I ignore him. "I'm so sorry. I know I've been a shitty friend. No, scratch that, I haven't even been a friend at all. Please forgive me Heather."

I turn around to look at Sebastian, guilt and sorrow mixed in his features and an apologetic smile planted on his face.

I let out a sigh giving in. I cannot stay mad at Sebastian for too long. He's my brother, the only family I have and even not being blood related, I love him as if we were.

I place the cloth on the countertop behind the bar counter and walk off in his direction. He gazes down at me confused, but I only wrap my arms around him in a tight embrace.

"I take that as my apologies accepted." He chuckles.

"Yes, I do forgive you." I take a step, unwarping my arms around him. "I just get mad because you treat me differently, like some child. I'm not a child Sebastian, I can't care of myself. I can go to parties, I can go to bars and specially, I can date guys." I glare up at him as I say the last bit. I know how Sebastian hate that I hang out with Duff in a different way.

I not saying I like Duff that way, because I don't. But I know Duff is different. He is. From any other guy I know.

I always crave for his attention when it was supposed to be the other way around. Every time I'm working, I'm hoping for him to walk through that door and crack some lame joke to make me laugh and make my shift happier.

Maybe I do. Maybe I do like him like that.

"Heather." Sebastian's voice interrupts my thoughts and I look into his eyes with a frown. "Did you hear me?"

"No, sorry. What were you saying?"

"I don't believe I have to go all lame over again." He whines and I slap his arm playfully.