22 - just being the best best thing in my life

Heather's pov

Peace. That's what i'm feeling right now, with my head rested on his chest and his arms around me. I feel complete. He's my missing piece, and without him, I will always feel empty.

Duff is and always will be my everything. He puts a smile in my face, happiness inside my chest and the best kind of metamorphic butterflies in my stomach.

He's what I never thought I needed. He's everything I need, and when he's not around, I have nothing and I'm just lost, just like I was during those four months while he was away.

"I miss you so much." I say as his fingers rush through my hair. The room is dark, The only light is coming through the window with the blinds opened.

"Me too baby girl, you have no idea." He leaves a kiss on top of my head. "But I'm here now." Just by his tone i know he's smiling. "Tell me, how's the album going?"

"At first, kinda awful, but you already know that. But I could get my shit together before losing my fucking mind. I have basically the whole album written down. I called Vanessa yesterday to start going to the studio. I have sessions with my producer scheduled from January 5 and on. She really wants a single released before the end of February."

"I'm so proud of you Heather."

My chest fills up with those words. I feel my heart warm and happy tears in my eyes.

"But you know what we should do tomorrow?" He asks me.

"What?"

"Go downtown, buy Christmas ornaments and get the house all decorated."

"Duff, you know I don't celebrate Christmas..."

"Oh, c'mon Hetty! I want to give you a Christmas like you never had. With a tree, presents, food, family... Let's invite the boys and cook together, make turkey..."

At this point we are sat on the bed, face to face and with the lamp of the bedside table on.

"Do you even know how to cook?" I raise an eyebrow at him.

"No. But Slash can borrow a recipe book from his grandma! And we could do a sleepover so we will all be together on Christmas morning and open the presents together!" I've never seen Duff so excited about anything like this and I can't just say no to him.

"Yeah, ok. Sure." I can't help but smile when he gives me the brightest smile I've ever seen. "If it makes you happy, yes. Tomorrow we'll shop for Christmas ornaments and decorations."

"Oh my god, yes!" Duff exclaims, wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug."You're the best!"

^^^

When I thought coming with Duff for Christmas shopping would be a good idea, I could never be more wrong in my entire life.

He looks like a kid between toys. But nothing warms my heart more than see Duff happy and all hyped up.