26 - you're giving me these reasons to hang up on you on the phone

Narrator’s pov

It rained all night

It rained all night. While Heather was crying on Sebastian’s shoulder, Duff was getting wasted on his dark room listening to a mixtape he and her had recorded months ago.

Now, while Duff is on his way to New York for a handful of shows, Heather is on the studio, trying to ignore the heartache she caused to herself and focus it on the music she’s creating.

“Are you ok, man?” Slash asks his best friend, while they are getting ready for another great show.

“I’m fine.” It’s obvious he’s smiling through the pain. His smile doesn’t even reach his eyes like it usually does.

Duff never felt his heartbroken before. It hurts like a fucking bitch and no alcohol or drug can numb the pain. He feels like he’s constantly out of breath and he fucking knows he will only breathe again once he has Heather in his arms.

An assistant comes outs of the blue saying they are going on stage in five minutes and Slash pats his shoulder.

“It’s gonna be fine.” The curly head says, sending Duff as mile. “You guys are endgame, she’ll come around.

The words of his friend are supposed to make him feel better, but they do none of that.

The blonde girl is in the studio, trying to get a song recorded, while her mind screams for the love of her life.

“Do you need a break?” Adam asks into the mic, from the other side of the glass . She only shakes her head. “You’re almost there, I can feel it. Don’t forget this is a song about loss, pain. Put that into the music, into your voice. When I hear you, I wanna feel that.”

Once again, Heather nods and sends him a thumbs up, ready to start recording again.

So she sings. She sings feeling the tears coming to her eyes as she tries to fight them back.

^^^

The concert was amazing as expected but Duff’s mind was thinking about Heather during the whole show.

It’s late, but not that late and he’s in his hotel room in the darkness, drinking and trying to not think about her. It’s a difficult task when all his mind can focus on is in her smile and how beautiful she always look.

He grabs the phone, thinking if it really is a good idea. He knows it’s not, but he ignores his head, dialing the number he has been knowing by heart since a long time.

Heather is sat on her couch, legs crossed as she drinks down some strong beverage and her phone rings. She tries to ignore it, but the sound of the rings echo through her head in a annoying way.

“Hello?” She says with a sigh as she leans the phone against her ear.

“Heather.” Duff’s voice is weak and low. Hearing the sound of her voice through the phone makes his heart race. He never thought she would pick up.