18 - i need you here

Heather's pov

"Hi, you reached Heather! If you're listening to this, it's because I'm busy

"Hi, you reached Heather! If you're listening to this, it's because I'm busy. Leave a message and I'll reach you!" The sound of my voicemail echoes through the quiet, dark house.

It's dark inside, the only source of light is coming from the kitchen's window. I don't need much light anyways, for what I'm doing. Which is being laid down on the floor of my living room just existing.

My eyes are fixed on the darkness above me and I just move in a quick movement when I hear Duff's voice coming from the phone.

"Hey Heather, it's me, Duff. How you holding up, baby girl?" I grab the phone as fast as I can, scared he'll hang up before I have the opportunity to talk to him.

"Duff?" I say into the phone, praying he's still on the other side of the line.

"Heather." His voice brings tears, happy tears, to my eyes. I missed his voice so much, I was afraid I would forget how it sounds like.

I almost forgot how sweet it is. Almost can feel the taste of his lips on the tip of my tongue.

"I miss you so much." It's a cry out that I let out, completely involuntary. Crying right now, is the last thing I want.

"I miss you too. So much, you have no idea, baby."

"You haven't called in so long." My legs are weak underneath me, so I sit down on the arm of the couch beside the little round table where the phone is set.

"I know." He lets outs a sigh before continuing. "Tour has been chaotic. I'm sorry."

"It's ok..." My voice isn't above a whisper, scared it might crack due the lump on my throat.

"How's your album going?" He asks, trying to cheer up the mood between us.

But the longing for one another is way too big.

"Bad. Horrible." I reply, truthfully. I know with Duff, I can't lie. He always knows when I do. "I spent the last two months trying to write, compose something! But it only came half of things. Everything I do, it lack of something and I'm not quite sure what it is."

"Don't worry, you'll find it."

"I need you here."

"I need you as well. Just two more months, ok? And I'll be there for you."

"Just two more months."

"Just two more months." He repeats, giving me the strength to survives just fifty-seven more days without him.

^^^

The line is dead, but I still have the phone against my ear. Self-destructive? Yes, I know. Pathetic? Agreed. Although, I can't help but feel this emptiness because he's not around.