17 - it isn't a goodbye, it's an i'll see you later

Duff’s pov

In the next four and half months, this will be the last time I’ll see that precious smile as soon as I wake up

In the next four and half months, this will be the last time I’ll see that precious smile as soon as I wake up. And for much excited I am for touring, I can’t help but feel sad for leaving Heather behind. And I can’t even bring her with me.

I tried to persuade her, but Vanessa, her manager, said she need to say in LA and work on her career.

Delicately, I caress her cheek, my fingers brushing on her smooth skin.

With her eyes still closed, she smiles. Her small hand reach for mine, intertwining our fingers as it founds it.

I leave a tender kiss on the back of her hand.

“I don’t want you to leave.” She tells me with a whisper, her voice so low.

“If I could, I’d spend the rest of my days in this bed with you.” The ice cold blue from her sweet eyes meets mine. I pull her closer to me, her vanilla scent invades my senses.

“I’ll miss you every day.”

“And I’ll miss you every second.”

For much we both want to stay in bed, we end up getting up and start preparing breakfast, after taking a shower together.

Following our morning routine, the radio is turned on as I start making coffee and Heather does our pancakes.

Things flow slower than usual this morning. Not much excitement and happiness float around us.

Is like as slow as we get our breakfast done, as slow as the black hour comes, when I need to leave and don’t comeback for almost five months.

The coffee is ready and the pancake are done.

You See Me Crying by Aerosmith plays on the radio as Heather and I are sat face to face and eat in silence

We just enjoy the moment and each other company for the last time.

It’s a bit melancholic, the atmosphere around tus and the whole scenario makes it seem like we’ll never see each other again.

I study her soft features for a moment. She doesn’t look like herself today. Definitely not radiating happiness like she always do.

“Hey.” I place my hand on hers, and she looks up at me. “What’s wrong baby girl?”

“Nothing.” She shakes her head, her gaze drooping, avoid him eyes.

“Heather, it is definitely not nothing.” I only receive a shrug from her as an answer. “If it’s about me going on tour, it’s ok, I understand. I’m sad as well. I wish you could just go with me.” She lifts her head slightly, and I can catch her eyes. “Come here.” As she sits down on my lap, I wrap my arms around her.

“I wish I could go with you and be there to support you and cheer you while you’re up on stage doing what you love.” Heather mumbles and I can’t help but smile down at her.