11 - the best album of the year

Heather's POV

The sun is going down slowly, as a fresh breeze runs on the LA streets

The sun is going down slowly, as a fresh breeze runs on the LA streets. I walk beside Duff, who's excitedly telling me about his band's future plans.

I listen to him carefully, paying attention to what he's saying and also trying to not zone out. Sometimes I get lost in his voice and it's something I grew loving so much. It's so different and never fails to make me smile. Especially when he throws in the air one of his bad dad jokes.

I adore them. I look like a fool smiling and giggling when he tells those awful jokes.

Delicate strokes cover the sky, warm colors covering it like a painting. The sigh is just breathtaking.

My hand brushes against his, making my heart race. They brush again and part of me wishes for him to grab my hand and intertwine our fingers.

And he does it, setting a light blush on my cheeks.

Duff just keeps talking and at this point I have no idea what he's talking about, too distracted with the feeling of his hand in mine. The touch of his hand is warm and tender. I can't help but smile shyly.

"What do you think?" His voice ends my trance and my gaze moves up to him, finding him already looking at me. "Hetty?" He has a smile playing on his lips and it's so beautiful. "You weren't listening, were you?" I bite my bottom lip, trying to hide my smile and shake my head. "I was asking if you wanted to come to the studio with me tomorrow. We are working on this new track and I wanted you to listen to it."

I let my smile grow on my lips, those smile that reaches your eyes.

"Of course. I'll happily go with you tomorrow." As he hears my words, his smile seems to grow even bigger as he looks forward.

We keep walking, hand in hand, down the Sunset Boulevard.

Today I did the eleven to seven shift and Duff went to pick me up, so now we are on our way to have dinner.

The bassist holds the diner's door for me to enter. As we sit down a conversation about which was the best album released in 1986 flows.

"Definitely it as Dirty Work by The Rolling Stones. " He tells me as we sit on a booth.

"A great album for sure, but let's take a moment to talk about A Kind of Magic by Queen. Every work from them is a masterpiece.

"That's very correct." Duff agrees with a nod. "Ozzy Osbourne released a good album as well last year."

"And Paul McCartney."

"Metallica."

"I know it's not really my type of music, but I really enjoyed The Smiths last album, The Queen is Dead." I admit. The Smiths is my guilty pleasure. I used to listen to them sneakily in my walkman when I was in the Mental Institution.