28 - first concert of many

Heather's pov

Too fast. Everything has been going so fast that I can't even grasp what have been happening. So many things changed and I don't know how to process.

In two months I released a single, shoot a music video, released an album and now I'm on my way to my first concert that's happening tomorrow.

Tonight my first ever music video will pass on MTV for the first time ever and I won't even be able to watch it because I'm on the road. Hope my friends watch it.

My whole life changed just in a blink. Now I'm chasing a dream I didn't know I had and all thanks to someone who never doubt me and made me believe I could do it.

And what I did to return tot the most beautiful person in the world, was to shut him out. Told him to go away and to forget about my existence.

I told him to do something I can't even do myself.

But I'm trying to not to think about it right now.

Gazing over the window of the bus, I see nothing but dark as the vehicle keeps going.

Terrified. That's how I feel. I've never done this before and I feel like about to face a fucking monster tomorrow night all by myself.

And it is terrifying. For a brief moment I wish Duff was here to tell me everything is going to be ok.

No, Heather! Duff is not part of your life. Not anymore.

Sebastian is right. I rely on Duff way too much. No, relied. Not anymore. From now on, Duff is going to be a forbidden word.

All I care about, is tomorrow's concert and all those I have ahead of me.

My career is all that matters for me. Nothing is more important than my career.

^^^

We arrived at San Francisco by the morning but I can't say that I had a good night of sleep. I'm definitely not used to sleeping on a bus.

Kate, the tour manager, is showing me around and telling me how things work while we're on tour, due it's my very first time.

I still can't believe I'm opening for Scarlet Moon. She's another level. She's in Madonna level and it's a great honour for me to be opening for her.

“If you need something, you look for me, ok?” Kate tells me and I nod. “Great. Go get some rest, you look like you could get some. I'll go call you for sound check in a couple of hours, ok?”

Nodding at her once again, I start walking in my bus’ direction. As I'm almost reaching my destination, I hear a very familiar voice.

“Hetty is my friend, you need to let me in.”