35 - welcome home baby girl

Duff's pov

Magical. If I could use one word to describe how tonight has felt like is magical. Everything with Heather turns magical, like she had some power on the tips of her fingers and everything she touches, it turns better, brighter.

The moon illuminates her pale exposed skin, it almost makes it shine and glow. He icy blue eyes look like they have sparkles on them as a smile plays on he plumb pink lips. The sight in front of me is breathtaking as my heart races and my hand reaches for the pile of clothes that appeared when the moment was too heated.

I try to steady my breathing and remain calm as I'm about to tell the five words more important of my entire existence.

The moment it's just perfect, everything is just perfect right now that everything tastes like a dream. Her body wrapped with a white sheet as a cigarette burns in between her fingers. I don't know how she got that habit. Maybe from me.

My hand stops searching, staying still and my eyes don't leave the girl beside me, as her own eyes are focus on the opened window in front of us.

I admire her, taking in every inch of beauty her body. It's almost overwhelming in a way. In the greatest way possible.

She brings her cigarette to her lips, my hand restarts looking for the thing I have planned to show her for such a long time and she takes a drag. My eyes never leave her face and she blows the smoke out, a cloud forming on the air in front of her, blending in and disappearing slowly.

My hand finds it as I take a deep breath, feeling the smooth material against my fingers. The silent floats around. In a normal situation we would have some record playing or simply the radio turned on.

Heather loves to listen to music in times like these. But tonight we only have the waves of the oceans hitting and vanishing against the white sand.

As I bring my hand to my lap and straighten myself beside the woman of my dreams, she takes another drag from her white Marlboro cigarette. For a moment, my gaze moves away from her landing on my lap, looking at the small box that my fingers shield scared she might see.

I tell myself that now is the moment. The right moment. The moment I've been thinking about every night I go to bed and try to sleep ever since Heather left for the US Leg of the Unstable Tour.

Breathing in and out, I gain the courage to do it without passing out.

And I do it.

I see her confused eyes as I say those words, notice how she stopped breathing for a second, the way her eyes shine bright, tears forming on them and how she smiles before saying that word that I know it would change my whole life.

"Yes!"

I feel her arms wrap around me, her sweet scent hitting my senses once again on its full force, just like when I hugged her today. Her wet lips kissing mine, moving along, slowly, carrying so much passion I could melt, her forehead resting against mine and our eyes looking at one another. The way her smile is wider than ever and she whispers that word again and again.