27 - i never wanted to adore you

Narrator's pov

The morning is sunny when Heather arrives at the studio, excited and ready to work on the new song she spent the whole night working on

She has this melody stuck in her head and she can’t wait to start recording.

“I have a new idea for a new song.” That’s the first thing she says to Adam as she steps inside the recording room where she has been spending her days for the last weeks.

“Good morning.” He laughs. “Tell me, what do you've got?”

Enthusiastically, she shows him, singing the melody and accompanied by the guitar, of what she has in mind.

They spend the whole morning composing the melody and for once, Heather's mind isn't thinking about Duff, even though the whole song is about him.

^^^

“Duff, man, focus!” Axl hisses at the distracted blond. The Guns are at soundcheck and Duff's mind is everywhere but there.

He's still thinking about the call he had last night with Heather, her sharp words echoing through his mind.

Shaking his head, he asks for a five minutes break that the redhead kindly gives him, pretty much done with the blond's shit.

“Axl will chop your head off if you don't concentrate.” Slash tells him as they both grab a bottle of water that are by the amps.

“I called her.” Duff says, ignoring what Slash just told him. “She basically told me to go fuck myself.”

“I bet she didn't said that.”

“You're right.” He nods. “She didn't. But she also didn't told me we could be back together, so what's the difference?”

“You can't keep doing that to yourself, man.” The brunet shakes his head, looking at his friend. “Not easy, but try to focus on the gigs now. When we go back to LA in two weeks we'll see, ok?”

“Yeah.” The blonde sigh, defeated. Slash is right. Now, he needs to focus on the upcoming concerts.

He'll fix this mess when he gets back in LA.

Heather will be back in his arms soon. He's sure of that.

^^^

“That, my lady, is a bomb ass song.” Adam says, pushing down a button as the song ends. They spent the last week working on the song Heather magically came on in a night and it's finished now.

“Vanessa needs to listen to it, she'll love it.” She says, and the man sat beside her nods in agreement.

“That's a single.”

Heather calls her manager and thirty minutes later, the raven woman shows up in the studio, eager to finally listen to something done.

The three listen to the most recent song that Heather did with Adam and by Vanessa's face, they both can tell she's liking.