1

April 25,
5:00

"Meet your new guard." Queen Esme Howell said touching the buff man's shoulders with a little smile plastered on her face. She stared at Dan, peaking over his shoulder.

"Phil, Phil Lester." He said holding out his hand. Prince Dan Howell the son of Esme took hold of Phil's hand and shook it firmly as Phil bowed before him.

"He's been the family's guard for over a decade, he used to work in the shadows but since your a little scamp! And washed away all your other personal guards I promoted Phil in just being your guard," Esme smiled then looked at Phil. "Watch out he's like a baker, and you're the egg he's going to try and crack you dude." She said with a serious smile. Phil giggled while Dan face palmed with a smile.

"Don't worry Esme, he can't wash away me," Phil smiled staring at Dan. "How many guards have quit? 5 to 6?"

"11, almost 12 counting you Mr. button up." Dan snickered staring at his blue button up uniform he had on.

Phil chuckled smirking with his blue diamond eyes. "Oh trust me, dimples, I'm not going to be that easy."

Dan crossed his arms and turned his head as a blush creeped onto his cheeks, it was no fair Phil was hot too, I mean how would Dan get rid of him if he thought he was cute? "I already don't like you button up."

Esme giggled. "Oh this'll be fun, well I'm going to leave you two be, Dan show Phil to his room and explain his schedule for me please."

Dan huffed. "Fine—"

"Ah ah ah.." Esme shook her head.

"Yes mother." Dan corrected himself. Mrs. Howell smiled and kissed her son's cheek, her lilac smelling hair brushing against his eyelashes as she leant down.

"I'm going to help your father in the study, suppers at 6:00 so you two be down by then."

Phil nodded. "Thank you your highness." He bowed. Esme smiled and headed up stairs holding up her dress careful not to trip.

"Come on let's go." Dan waved and started walking up the second staircase. Phil followed catching up to the fake prince.

"So you're schedule, you'll work every weekday except for Wednesdays and every other Sunday, if you stay during your off days you'll be paid doubled for that day, you have every holiday off including your birthday, if you wish to change your schedule talk to my father, the king, since being promoted to my personal guard you eat meals with my family and I, breakfast is at 8:00am, lunch 2:30pm, and supper 6:00pm—are you listening button up?" Dan made it to Phil's room whipping around to look at the disquisitive guard.

"I'm listening dimples." Phil smiled stepping closer to Dan. Dan opened his door revealing a tidy room.

"Here's your room, the bathrooms to your left, your bags are already unpacked and your clothes are hung up."

"Thanks dimples, and just to make sure, your room is right across from here, correct?" Phil tilted his head with a grin.

Dan shifted his weight leaning against the white and gold painted door. He crossed his arms and stared right back at Phil.

"Correct," He answered hesitantly. "You know you should really address me properly, Prince Daniel Howell."

"Then you should address me correctly as well, your noble guard Phillip Michael Lester, defender and protector of Prince Daniel of all of England." Phil bowed looking up and winking.