11

July 19
Week before wedding

A knock was forced at the door and Phil sat up unwrapping his arm from Dan's waist.

"Come in.." He sighed looking over at the door.

"Your father wants you your highness," A servant answered sacredly. "It's urgent."

He seemed so frightened for some reason.. what was going on?

"Alright? Is that all?" Dan tilts his head towards the servant and he nods then shakes his head vigorously.

They both started to get up until the servant spoke up again. "A-Alone, I have to escort you myself-"

"May I ask why?" Dan quickly said making him flinch.

"Kings orders.." The servant implies.

"Uh.. okay?" Dan turned to Phil and shrugged. "Stay here I'll be back."

Phil nodded and Dan exited the room walking into the lounge. Nothing out of the ordinary?

"Father?" Dan steps into the lounge as the servant swiftly scurried away back to his post.

James was sitting on the couch his head in his hands shaking his head.

"Dan.. god Dan.. What are you doing? Imagine what the people will think. Imagine the image for this country because of what you did." He says barely above a whisper.

Dan tilted his head and the king shot up from his chair thrusting black and white pictures at Dan. Immediately all the color drained from his face as he lent down and picked up a picture.

Someone went through a lot of trouble just to get these pictures printed. Wonder who would do such a thing? Dan sat by a tree over looking the beautiful sunset kissing another boy. The boy's face was blurry so the identity remained unknown but it was clear to Dan. All to clear.

"Dad-"

"Goddamn! Daniel! You cheated?! On your fiancé?! Imagine how he feels about this!"

"How does he know about this? He doesn't know unless he provided these pictures? Adam gave you these pictures! Didn't he!?"

"That's besides the point Dan! You kissed someone else while you're engaged! That isn't right! If the press finds out about this-"

"What are they going to do? Kill me? Hang me!? They already want to do that! I'm gay remember?!"

"Your face will be the image of this nation and people will scoff as you reign.."

"Thanks dad! God bloody hell only if you knew!"

"I want to know!" He clenched a photograph pointing too it frantically.

"What?! What do you want to know?! Who the guy is?! You'll kill him!"

"Exactly!"

Dan stepped closer. "Fuck. You." He whispered. Suddenly James slapped Dan across the face trying to make his son confess.

"Who is it?!" King Howell spat staring down at the prince. Dan stood firmly his fist clenched as he tried to act strong. His eyes wavered as they almost welled up with tears from the aching in his cheek as it lingered on his pink skin.

"No! You don't get to do that! It's my future!" Dan yelled trying to back away yet his feet wouldn't let him as they were glued to the floor, he stood in the middle of the gigantic lounge.

The king stared at the picture. "The guard.."

"What?" Dan heard. He knew his dad had just figured it out.. but in act to protect his love he tried to lie. "Phil?!"