8

9pm

"Release me from this hell," Dan said slumping next to Phil against the wall as family and friends danced in front of them. The room was growing louder as more and more people talked.

"Is it that bad?" Phil laughed with a hint of concern in his blue pools of eyes.

"If I have to act like I know someone really well when I don't, I might explode," Dan smiled looking over at Phil.

"Oh come on, it can't be that hard,"

"I hate birthdays," Dan sighed looking around at the people in the ball room.

Phil looked around the room as well as people started to dance to the proper royal music that sounded quite boring. He smiled raising his eyes to Dan.

"What are you thinking Lester?" Dan said pushing himself off the wall to stare at his playful guard.

Phil bent down bowing in front of Dan taking his hand and kissing it.

"Would you do me the honor of dancing with me?" He asked looking up at Dan.

Dan laughed glimpsing at Phil's expression. "Ohh your not kidding.." He sounded shocked but a small laugh escaped his lips.

Phil grabbed Dan's hand pulling him out to the dance floor and quickly joining in on the perfect strutting dance everyone was doing.

Dan giggled as they began to dance in prefect sync.

"How do you know how to dance like this?" Dan tilted his head looking Phil eye to eye.

"I've been watching over this family since I was 15, and I've been training to protect your family since I was 10, I've picked up some things," He smiled. Not missing a step Phil let Dan's left hand go spinning him around and pulling him back holding him close.

"So if you've know me for more then a decade, then why didn't I meet you before?"

"Probably because I was the family guard not just a personal one,"

"So you've been stalking my family since my adolescence?" Dan smiled. Phil shrugged taking his hands and lifting Dan up by his waist spinning and putting him down again.

"You could say that,"

And with the last stroke of the violin the song ended and everyone clapped and started to their conversations.

"Wanna go outside?" Phil suggested. He darted his eyes to Dan slightly tilting his head.

"Please," Dan smiled.

Phil snuck Dan out of the ball room and out onto the grand balcony of the castle.

"God I was afraid if I heard my aunt Matilda laugh again I would've pulled out my ear drums," Dan says leaning against the balcony's fence. Phil sighed slumping down against the castle walls next to the doors.

"It was really loud in there huh?" Phil looked at Dan. Phil kept his gaze on Dan as he solemnly walked over and sat next to him. Dan gently moved Phil's chin facing him looking eye to eye. He smiled innocently as he leaned in and kissed Phil caressing his cheek.

Phil shook his head. "What was that for?" He questioned.

"Shits and giggles Button up," Dan smiled once again leaning his head on Phil's shoulder. Phil leaned his head on Dan's looking out at the sky.