5

April 29,
7am

Phil woke up with Dan cuddled into his chest holding onto his shirt. If someone came through that door they would definitely get the wrong idea and he would be killed for sleeping with a engaged prince, consent or not. Phil could see that the door was locked but still all the servants in the castle had keys to the door for cleaning purposes. Even Phil had one, but you're informed to knock unless emergency.

Dan smiled slightly in his sleep moving his head on top Phil's chest. Phil smiled looking down at the prince regarding the decision of brushing his fingers through his hair. Suddenly a slight knock snapped Phil out of his trance and he quickly shoved Dan off him falling backwards hitting the floor.

"Hey? What was that for-" Dan furrowed his eyebrows at Phil who pointed at the door in panic.

"Sir, sorry to inform you at this hour but Prince Adam will be leaving shortly, are you awake your highness?" Maria said through the door.

"Shit-" He says under his breath. "Yes Maria- I'm awake, is that all?"

"No, I was told to tidy your room before Adam leaves, may I come in?"

Dan quickly adverted his eye to Phil, he shrugged frantically widening his eyes.

"Oh, er- um, now?" Dan asked.

"Yes your majesty,"

"Uh... fuck-" Dan said louder than expected.

"Is everything alright sir?"

"Yes yes, everything's fine, one moment!" Dan chirpily said ripping off the duvet.
"Hide!" He says to Phil quietly.

Phil quickly dived down underneath his bed scooting all the way under, unseeable.

Dan giggled slightly opening the door for Maria.

"I'm so sorry sir for waking you-"

"No no don't apologize Maria, if you didn't I would have probably never woken up," Dan smiled letting Maria step in side.

"Oh, hm," She smiled innocently "So have you seen Phil?"

"Um.. no I just woke up, remember?" Dan laughed nervously.

Maria began to make the bed and fluff the pillows. "Really? Hm, that's a little strange, I thought you would know because, well one he's your guard, and two, it seems as if his bed was never slept in, and the Phil I know never makes his bed," Maria smirked smoothing out his duvet.

"That is a little strange," Dan folded his arms over his chest trying so hard to remember his skills from one of his acting classes. He failed miserably forgetting everything he studied and blushed madly. Maria smiled turning on her heal and she jutted out her hip looking over at Dan.

"I love you Dan, but I also know things," She says in a motherly tone.

"Oh no,"

She flipped around and got down on her hands and knees looking under the bed seeing Phil.

"Hey Maria," Phil smiled slightly waving.

The color in Dan's face drained.

"Get up," She laughed pulling Phil out from under the bed.

"Maria you can't tell anyone that he was in here! Please I'm begging you! You can't tell anyone! He would be killed-"

"Shhh! I won't tell anyone," She stepped over to Dan cupping his face. "I see what Adam does to you, and I see how Phil treats you, honey, I see why you would go for him, find a way to get Adam out of here and rule our kingdom with love and compassion, not hatred and abuse, plus Phil's pretty hot," Maria giggled, Dan laughed both boys blushing furiously. "Your secret is safe with me,"

She smiled walking away. "But seriously your mother wants you to say goodbye,"

Dan let out a irritated sigh, and giggled at Maria walking away.

Phil fell into huge laughing fit on the floor because of containing it for to long.

"She actually thinks we," Dan twirled his hand gesturing. "slept together, instead of just, sleeping with one another, huh?"

Phil laughed harder looking at Dan nodding. Dan's face turned a vibrant shade of red afterwards.

"Well, that was a little abrupt.." Dan trailed off.

"God how'd she even find that out?" Phil stood up sitting back on the bed.

"I have absolute no idea, she's like a freaking hawk," Dan giggled walking over and sitting by him.

Phil looked over at the tomato faced prince. "Maybe you should get dressed and I'll escort you to say goodbye to Adam,"

Dan nodded slumping into Phil's lap. "I don't want to see him,"

"I know but, he's leaving," Phil smiled.

"Finally... it's been hell since he's been here,"

Phil sighed seeing the bruises on the back of his neck and some hidden under his shirt.

"Your right, it has been hell for you, hopefully I can end this for you, and get you out of this mess,"

Dan lifted up his head getting up off the bed. "I'ma change, you should too,"

Phil darted his eyes to Dan nodding getting up.

They both quickly changed and made it out of their rooms.

"I really hate that uniform," Dan laughed looking up at Phil. The blue uniform wasn't ugly but wasn't cute either.

"Can't really help it, at least I don't have to where those huge bearskin hats that the guards have to wear outside,"

"Yeah, seriously that would suck," Dan laughed approaching the lounge.

Phil, like always, stepped to the side of the room separating from Dan but also carefully watching over him.

Adam's family said goodbye to the Howell's, while as for Adam he gave a long kiss on Dan's lips pushing Dan's back making it seem as if Dan was kissing back. Phil tried not to scoff at the sight, and just stood straight making sure Adam wouldn't try anything jurassic.

Nothing exciting happened except for a 2 hour long conversation about how they'll meet again at the coronation and stay till the wedding.

Yay..

Plans that hopefully won't happen.

Dan sighed smiling again faking every function he made. It was so obvious to Phil. He could tell the smile was fake, and when Adam gruffly pulled Dan into his side. You could tell how disgusted Dan was but still put on a show. It sucked how much Dan faked his laugh, and smile, and how often he made short conversations. His whole life in front of his family, was a total shit show. And everyone was blind, except for Phil.

Dan felt as if he didn't need to pretend around Phil to make him happy, he knew Phil liked him the way he actually was, and not the total fabricated nature Dan put on in front of his parents.

After the last unnatural goodbye left Dan's lips, his parents retreated to their study while Dan made it over to Phil.

"Finally!" Dan smiled. "It's over!"

Phil laughed looking down at Dan. "You did it!"

"I couldn't have without you, thanks, for being there," Dan quickly pulled Phil into a hug cutting him off guard. Some people stared at them as Phil looked over Dan's shoulder.

"Your welcome dimples," Phil smiled awkwardly. "So-" He scratched the back of his head looking down at Dan with a smile. "We should get ready since you're coming with me right?"

Dan jumped up and nodded quickly with a grin ear to ear. "Yes!.."

Phil giggled taking Dan's hand. "Well come on!"

A//N
Sorry it's a little short but... heheh