Prologue

Warning:Really long chapter

"Elizabeth, you need to find a job for the summer!" My mom exclaims. I haven't had a job for awhile and my mom thinks it's the greatest idea for me to get a summer job to keep me occupied. But honestly, I'm perfectly fine with not having something to do all summer long. It's better than working.

"Mom, I don't need a job! I'm fine,"I try to convince her.

"No! I'm sick of you sitting in this house all day while I'm at work and expecting me to pay for everything! From now on if you want something you'll have to pay for it," she says frantically.

"But I don't even have a job!"

"Exactly, that's why you should start looking for one!"

Damn. She got me there.

"Ok, fine! But I'm not working at some shitting fast food restaurant."

"That's fine with me. As long as you get a job somewhere else so I don't have to pay for your crap anymore I'll be happy."

I roll my eyes in annoyance,"yeah but I won't."

"What was that?"

"Nothing?"

"Whatever. I have to get to work now. Look online or in some newspapers for a job. I except you to have one in mind when I get back."

"Yeah, whatever,"I mumble as I roll my eyes again.

"Quit fucking rolling your eyes and start looking for a damn job!"

"Ok, ok."

I watch as she sassily walks out of the living room and I start looking through the newspapers on the table.

Nothing seems interesting enough for my liking. Maybe, I'll find some better ones online.

I pull out my phone and get a text message from an unknown number.

632-777-8901:Hi is this Elizabeth Rosaline?

Me:Yeah why

632-777-8901:I'm Ms. Brock I live across the street. Your mom told me that you needed a job recently. I'm going to need a babysitter this month and was wondering if you would like to babysit? I may be gone longer than a month and if so I'll give you the money as soon as I get back. Is that ok?

Me:Sure that would be cool

632-777-8901:Awesome! Come by sometime today so you can meet everyone. I'll be leaving tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. So you could stay the night here if you'd like?

Me:Ok I'll see if I can stay the night there

632-777-8901:Ok I have to go so see you soon!

Well, I guess I can stop looking for a job now.

*time skip*
"Lizzie, I'm home!"my mom yells from downstairs.

"Hey, mom! Guess what,"I say as I run down the stairs.

"What?"