Nineteen

Elizabeth's POV
I wake up a splitting headache.

"Ugh," I groan as I roll over in bed. I groan again due to the sound of someone knocking on my door. "Don't come in! Leave me the fuck alone!"

"No, thanks," I hear Colby say as he rudely enters my room. I sigh in frustration as I feel the bed dip meaning that sat down. "How are you feeling?"

"Like shit," I say," It's your fault too."

"Well, you know that you would feel a lot worse if I didn't give you those pills last night," he points out and I roll my eyes.

"Well," I mock," I still feel like shit."

"Sucks for you," he teases.

"Can you leave now? I'm still really fucking mad at you," I snap. He leaves without saying anything and I go back to sleep.

Colby's POV
Once I leave Elizabeth's room, I head downstairs. I grab the packet of cigarettes that I keep on the very top shelf in the kitchen so I'm the only one able to grab them and don't worry, no one else can see them either. I grab the lighter that's sitting next to it then grab a cigarette out of the pack. I put it between my lips and light it.

You must be wondering where Bella is, right? Well, I sent her to a friends house because Elizabeth needs to rest and I know that she would try to help out with Bella if she's here. She may be mad and completely hate me but I still want what's best for her.

*Ding dong*

I sigh as I slowly make my way towards the door. I open it and see my friend Jake Webber standing there.

"Hey," he says.

"Hey man. What do you need?" I ask, with the cigarette hanging at the corner of my mouth since I'm too lazy to take it out.

"Just wanted to know if I could hang out here because my house is really boring," he says.

"Of course, you don't need to ask," I chuckle as he follows me into the house.

"So, what's been going on with you?" he asks as we sit down on the couch. I put my cigarette out before responding.

"Nothing really, just hanging out with a babysitter that my mom hired since she thinks I'm not responsible enough."

"Are they here now?" he asks with a raised eyebrow and I nod," boy or girl?"

"Girl. She's in our grade actually."

"Is she hot?"

"Very," I say with a smirk on my face," but you can't go anywhere near her because she's mine even though she's pretty upset with me."

"What did you do?"

"Well, umm... while she was sick I kind of slept with someone and she caught us," I say with a disappointed expression.

"Aye, the old Cole is back," he says and raises his hand up for a high-five but I ignore him.

"First of all, my name is Colby. Second of all, I'm not back to my old ways and I never want to be. I feel awful for what I did," I say while looking down at my lap.

"I'm sorry man."

We just sit there and say nothing for a bit. But then, all of a sudden, we hear footsteps coming down the stairs. I know it's Elizabeth so I don't care to look but Jake does and his eyes nearly pop out of his head.

"Is that who I think it is?" he asks with his eyes glued to Elizabeth as she goes to the kitchen, not even paying any attention to us.

"Yup."

"Dude, you used to bully her all the time and now you're dating her? I do have to say she's fucking hot though."

"Well, not dating anymore since the incident but I really want to win her back and please don't call her hot. Only I can."

"No man, you already had your chance. Give me a turn," he says while licking lips and I chuckle thinking it was a joke but it wasn't.

"Hell no, she's mine," I defend.

"Whatever," he sighs, "but if she gets tired of you or you guys don't get back together, I'm so taking her."

"That's never going to happen. I'm going to get her back," I say and all he does is roll his eyes. "I'll be right back. I'm gonna get my cigarettes because I could really use a smoke."

He responds with a "K" before I head to the kitchen. I grab the box from the top shelf and when I open it I see that they're all gone.

"Why did I put the box back?" I ask myself while throwing it away.

"Colby?" Elizabeth says," I didn't know you smoked."

Oh right, she was drunk when I smoked the other day and probably doesn't remember.

"Oh, I- yeah, I do," I say," but I'm actually out right now and I'm going to head to the store. Will you be okay staying here with my friend Jake?"

"I guess," she shrugs.

I grab my keys before heading out to the car and telling Jake that I'm leaving on the way.
-
Elizabeth's POV
Jake and I got along better than I thought... but not that well. I just wish Colby would come back because I do feel kind of awkward. I'm not the best at meeting knew people around my age because I just feel like I constantly annoying them. We spent most of the time watching tv only saying something every once in while.

"Well, I think I'm going to take off," Jake says, standing up. I felt kind of relieved since I couldn't stand the awkwardness in the air any longer. "Don't know how much longer Colby is going to be ya know."

"Oh okay," I say, trying to sound at least somewhat sad. I know why he was actually leaving since he was definitely feeling the awkwardness between us that I was feeling. He put on a small smile before heading out the door just before Colby walks in.

"Oh you're leaving?" he asks.

"Oh umm.. yeah. I have to go hangout with Ryan I forgot we had made plans," he lies.

"Okay well have fun I guess," Colby replies. Jake nods before heading out the door.

I was surprised he didn't tell Colby the actual reason why he was leaving. Although, it probably wouldn't have been the best choice since he would end up finding out that his best friend and girlfriend don't really click that well. So, I guess it was for the best.

Hey, guys, I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Please vote and comment!

Also, I think I'm going to update my other books too but only once in awhile because I have ideas for some of them and I'm like craving to write some of my other books lol. I'll be finishing this book still but I want to be able to sometimes update my other ones but definitely not as much as I used to. Is that alright with you guys?

But for that that's all and tell me your thoughts about me updating my other stories please!

X Grace