Eight

A/N Isabella's pronunciation of words is different I know okay and they're going to be different here too because this way is better. Okay? Okay.

Once, I get "home" I see Colby's mom standing there at the door with her arms crossed, foot tapping, and Isabella clinging to her side.

Shit, I forgot about her.

"H- hi,"I says nervously as I close the door behind me.

"What do you have to say for yourself?"Colby's mom asks and I try my best not to laugh as Isabella mimics her movements.

"I- Colby was rushed to the hospital a- and I left as soon as the ambulance did and-"

"Colby's in the hospital?"Colby's mom's eyes almost pop out of her head.

"Y- yeah d-"

"We're going to the hospital now!"she yells as she picks up Isabella.

"You can I can't,"I mumble as I slump down into a chair and she gives me a confused look.

"Why not?"she asks and I sigh.

"Because I'm not even allowed to see Colby since I'm not family,"I explain.

"You can go if I go,"she says,"come on."

I nod as I get up from the chair and follow her outside. I know that I just saw Colby but I already miss him. I'm not supposed to miss him since I'm mad at him. I shouldn't even go since he treated me so horribly. But then again it would be wrong if I don't.

Once, we get to the hospital Colby's mom check in while I try to keep Isabella from wondering off.

"I been to dis pwace befow. Dey make me go ahh and stick tingy in my mouph,"Isabella says as she scans the room as I hold her hand.

"Is that so?"I ask to amuse her.

"Uh huh,"she nods,"and sometwimes dey poke me wit shawp ting. It huwts."

"I bet so,"I giggle as she talks about shots.

"Come on guys,"Colby's mom waves us to her.

"Otay, we go now,"Isabella skips as we go to Colby's room. Man, I hope he's doing alright.

Colby's mom talks non stop until she ends up having to leave since she got a call from work so she dropped off Isabella leaving me here to talk to Colby.

"So, how are you feeling?"I ask, sitting in a chair at the corner of the, not wanting to invade his personal space since he probably doesn't even want me here in the first place.

"Ok,"he mumbles as he stares at the wall.

"Well, that's good,"I fake smile. I've never seen him like this before, you know so quite and vulnerable.

"I guess,"he shrugs.

"How long do you have to stay here?"I ask, hoping he won't yell at me for asking so many questions.

"Just two more days,"he says and I nod without saying anything causing an awkward silence."I have a question."

"Yeah?"I question as I turn my head towards him.

"Why did you come here? I mean I was such a jerk to you but you still care. Why?"he asks and honestly I don't know how to answer. I mean I do kinda care about him... ok I care about him a lot but he'll never know because I'm never gonna tell him and so will no one else.

"I- I don't really know,"I breath out and I notice him frown a bit, like he was expecting me to say that I care about him or something.

"Do you care about me?"he asks all of a sudden.

"Of course I do,"I say,"do you care about me?"

"Yes,"he says almost immediately,"but why does it seem like you don't care about me?"

"I don't know."

"Because I really do care you a lot actually but it's hard for me to accept that because I don't want to."

"You don't want to what?"

"Care about you. I'm not supposed to. I used to hate you but now I care about you and I don't know what's wrong with me."

"There's nothing wrong with you."

"Yes, there is."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because I like a girl who will never like me back and it's too difficult for me to go through this feeling."

Colby likes someone? Is that someone me?

"W- who are you talking about?"I ask.

"You."

"Me? Why me?"

"Ugh,"he groans,"just forget it and please leave."

"B- but."

"Just go!"he shouts as loud as he can. I nod quickly and exit the room.

I take a deep breath once I realize something.

Colby Brock actually likes me but the thing is is that I'm not sure if I like him anymore.

This is probably just another one of his pranks.

Yeah it is. I know it is.

Ha! Not falling for that again, Colby!
_____________________________________________________________________
Hey peoples enjoy the chapter? I hope you did! If you did feel free to vote and comment what you think!